A very depressing video from Gaza

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: A very depressing video from Gaza

Post by Admin »

sparks wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:16 am If that should happen, then the whole world follows very quickly I think.
I'm pretty confident the deep parts of the southern hemisphere will be ok. The air doesn't mix much between the hemispheres and we'll be fine.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:50 ammeanwhile, Biden freezes up at public Juneteenth celebration, for 30 seconds. it's bad. real bad. watch it, and what?
Call bullshit on the idiotic statement that he freezes. Since when is not dancing freezing?

He's clearly just standing there while the others dance.

Fuck me, you might as well join the Republican Party if you're going to post their shit for them.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Admin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:20 pm
stanky wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:50 ammeanwhile, Biden freezes up at public Juneteenth celebration, for 30 seconds. it's bad. real bad. watch it, and what?
Call bullshit on the idiotic statement that he freezes. Since when is not dancing freezing?

Fuck me, you might as well join the Republican Party if you're going to post their shit for them.
It's more partisan press bullshit. A week or two ago there was an article about Trump freezing at a rally. He was waiting for the music to stop.

In one case, it's liars saying, "Biden is as feeble as Mitch McConnell." In the other case it's, "Trump is feeble as Biden."

Both lies.

And both are more feeble than anyone ought to be who is going to serve as President.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Admin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:20 pm

huh?

i saw the clip on msnbc
it looked bad.
i'm not for it, nor for further right crap.

Biden is meant to go away soon.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Saw a post elsewhere that said, "What bothers Republicans most about Biden's age is that she's black".
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

stanky wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:49 am it looked bad.
It didn't look frozen.
(I'll save further commentary for a diferent thread.)
sparks

Post by sparks »

Admin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:19 pm
sparks wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:16 am If that should happen, then the whole world follows very quickly I think.
I'm pretty confident the deep parts of the southern hemisphere will be ok. The air doesn't mix much between the hemispheres and we'll be fine.
Where did you get your edumacation all about geo and nuclear physics? Ever read/watched "On The Beach"? A book. Read it. Two videos. Watch them. That'll be a good start for you then.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Chernobyl's wild life is doing well despite the ever present radioactive decay products.
Starting to think a lot of our problems stem from excess life-span.

Imagine how different things would be if we only lived twenty years?
Most disease would be irrelevant; smoking, drinking, drugging, good for you; diet, hardly matters...

It gets worse the longer we live. The overall quality of life for society at large goes down proportionate to the rise in life expectancy. or so says me, today.

"The Bomb" is so iconic; symbolic; ironic to my generation. I've had dreams with 'it', seen it in sci-fi movies; seen clips of real tests...it's driven into my subconscious, like Jesus but more real. I expect 'it' to happen, frankly...which is a pretty sick thing to think. How could it not? What an absurd waste...if we don't use it.

How do we save face in this?
sparks

Post by sparks »

We bite it and do not, repeat, DO NOT save face. This is the goddamned world we're talking about here, not some stupid fucking kids game on a computer.

Ever watched "Fail Safe"?

If we don't stop this madness, it will stop us. Frankly I'm not in favor of that.
stanky

Post by stanky »

"embrace the shame!"

(stanky)