A very depressing video from Gaza

Start here
sparks

Re: A very depressing video from Gaza

Post by sparks »

They wish to kill all Israelis according to the popular news accounts. And remember, this latest go-round was initiated by the peeps you're feeling badly for.

Remember too that this thing has been going on for a very long time indeed in one guise or another. The only way it stops is when both sides are finally non-existent. And that will never happen.

Can't kill a bad idea with bombs and bullets.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

There's a cease fire resolution, proposed by the US (i.e. the Biden admin) and passed in the Security Council. Palestinians say it's fine.

Yeah, well, they would.

Phase 1. If Hamas hands over some of the civilians, Israel hands over some terrorists, and starts providing humanitarian aid, and pull out of all populated areas.

Phase 2: Hamas gives back the rest of the hostages, and Israel pulls all the way out.

Phase 3: Israel rebuilds Gaza, and Hamas gives back the dead bodies of all murdered hostages.

Ok.....seems like a pretty good deal for Hamas. Based on the news accounts, I think Hamas gets to take over again. Who's in charge in Gaza wasn't mentioned in the news reports I read. I assume Hamas takes charge again.

This just doesn't seem like a great deal. It's good, because the killing stops. Oh....wait. It doesn't. It's suspended for the time being until the next time Hamas (or some other group of Arabs who take over the place) attacks Israel again. Maybe I just don't understand international affairs or diplomacy or something. It looks to me like the Biden administration just abandoned Israel.

And maybe that's ok. They overdid it. Netanyahu has to go, in my opinion. Maybe they need to be reined in. I guess. But if you want to see real genocide, let Hamas win. They won't stop when 1% of the country is dead.

ETA: It doesn't address Hamas. It doesn't address "settlements" or human rights. It just hands Hamas a win. Unless I've misread it, or the news accounts left something out.
sparks

Post by sparks »

It will never end. There may be quiet times here and there, but the underlying Dumbth goes on.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

One day somebody's going to glass the whole region.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
sparks

Post by sparks »

If that should happen, then the whole world follows very quickly I think.
grayman

Post by grayman »

sparks wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:16 am If that should happen, then the whole world follows very quickly I think.
In which case I say, "Gentlemen. It has been a privilege playing with you tonight".
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Yeah, if the human race manages to wipe itself out fighting over who gets to charge admission to a very, very, special rock, it's just evolution in action.

Although, really, a full scale nuclear war probably wouldn't kill everyone. It would just kill enough people to force some sort of reset.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Or as Oppenheimer said: (paraphrasing) A full nuclear exchange probably won't kill everyone, but it will take a severe leap of faith to call the survivors human.

Truth according to science is that only a person with 5 to 10 years of food and water and clean air will, in fact, survive. If the fallout doesn't get you, the lack of food and water and clean air will. No way around a nuclear winter my friend except to wait it out.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Today's news stories were that the Israelis had accepted, but the Palestinians have refused. There's considerable debate over who has actually accepted or rejected what.

Couldn't they just argue on a forum or something? That's kind of standard practice, isn't it? Arguing over whether or not someone said something, even when what they "said" is in print?
stanky

Post by stanky »

another Cuban missile crisis is brewing, with Russia allegedly sending nuke-abled ships to Cuba.
This in response to U.S. aggression with weaponry placement.
Also, allegedly, American soldiers were on the ground for the recent hostage rescue wherein 270 Palestinians were killed getting four hostages. Some kids, naturally. Bad look, even as a rumor.

meanwhile, Biden freezes up at public Juneteenth celebration, for 30 seconds. it's bad. real bad. watch it, and what? vote for him?

RFK jr. could become the sane choice for those who believe in the vote's power.