Loving the irony

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Loving the irony

Post by Admin »

Of rich people who fly in planes complaining that planes make loud noises.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/n ... light-plan

Why they just don't insist on flight paths going over poor fuckers' houses is a travesty.
grayman

Re: Loving the irony

Post by grayman »

I am reminded of the type of people who buy a house next to railroad tracks, then complain about the noise of the trains.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

grayman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:01 am I am reminded of the type of people who buy a house next to railroad tracks, then complain about the noise of the trains.
Big noisy case, accompanied by the jeers of we plebs in Sydney a couple of decades ago.

Toffs spent millions on a house with a view of the Harbour and city then proceeded to attempt to force Luna Park to pull down the Roller coaster due to the noise of screaming riders.

Lost.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Di Wundrin wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:02 pm
grayman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:01 am I am reminded of the type of people who buy a house next to railroad tracks, then complain about the noise of the trains.
Big noisy case, accompanied by the jeers of we plebs in Sydney a couple of decades ago.

Toffs spent millions on a house with a view of the Harbour and city then proceeded to attempt to force Luna Park to pull down the Roller coaster due to the noise of screaming riders.

Lost.
NZ, on the other hand, had the example of Western Springs Speedway, which has operated from the same base since the 1930s.

During the '90s, some yuppies bought into the area then cried about the noise of the cars.

So, of course, the Auckland City Council placed restrictions on the speedway club.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

You know those time when you see something, but you're not sure what??

Warning! Irony bomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYvcdhCbzJw&t=143s

I think it's a stitch up but :lol:

someone remind me how to insert a video, damned if I can figure it out. Haven't done it for years. but didn't there used to be a button for it?
Last edited by Di Wundrin on Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Di Wundrin wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:05 pm You know those time when you see something, but you're not sure what??

Warning! Irony bomb.

someone remind me how to insert a video, damned if I can figure it out. Haven't done it for years. but didn't there used to be a button for it?
Fuck yes, that's brilliant!

As to the video, yes there was a button, but for some unknown reason I loaded phpBB instead of MyBB. Which is a shame, because MyBB is infinitely superior. I'll probably change it at some stage.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Elmyr!
stanky

Post by stanky »

My ex-land in Pennsylvania was bisected by railroad tracks. I got use to the noise rather quickly. The trains accessed the apple packing plant that was a few hundred yards from my land. The noise normally occurred at 3 a.m. I actually miss the trains now...though the right of way they had caused some problems for us. We had a battle over they railroad's use of pesticides along the tracks. They had previously cut the weeds with blades, but switched to spray. This threatened our status as organic farmers. Worse, it threatened the kids that ate the black berries that grew along the tracks. When i left, it hadn't been resolved. It's the ex's problem now.

Weird piece of land. It was only 10 acres, yet it was bisected by the tracks; a trout stream (that came with its own rules and regs); a gas pipeline that went from Pittsburg to Philly, over the mountains, and a high pressure water line that serviced the fruit packing factory. It was insane, as i couldn't access the gas or the water lines, nor could i use a wide swath of land where the tracks were.

Funny, I've owned 3 different plots of land. The above mentioned PA land; 40 acres in the Ozarks, which had a lead mine operating far beneath the surface, and here...where there are several oil well test holes, which I was allowed to cap off.

It's quite stunning, all that goes on below the surface. In the U.S., there's 9 million miles of gas lines. There was actually an oil spill in the stankerosa. A small, yet productive well had been left un-capped by a previous owner. The oil got into the creek. The e.p.a. came with giant Tampax-looking tubes and layed them across the creek. My neighbor has since bought the well and occasionally pumps some oil.
All we need is a small refinery and we'd be energy independent.