Planet America

Start here
President Bush

Re: Planet America

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:52 pm
Meadmaker wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:51 pm
President Bush wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:10 pm I check the bank accounts sometimes, weather underground, emptywheel.net, right now the Buenos Aires Times, google maps, Zero Hedge, youtube plane crash videos, what my wife shows me. Don't even know what MSN is except that some people whine about it sometimes.
MSN is Microsoft News. If you use Edge or Internet Explorer, it's the default home page, so when you open a new tab, it first shows you the MSN page.

I almost never see anything about Taylor Swift on it, because I don't click on Taylor Swift articles. On the other hand, today I had the opportunity to read an article promising to tell me the meaning of every name used by Sauron in "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Rings of Power". I see those because sometimes I click on them. It's a fluff news feed.

It does include real news stories in there as well, but there's very little quality control, and it isn't easy to distinguish opinion pieces from informational pieces.
You can also customise your feed. Little gear button in the top right corner.
There's that word again... feed.

Sounds more like vomit to me.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

President Bush wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:58 pmThere's that word again... feed.

My dad once went off at me when I helped him to set up an email account. He said that it shouldn't be called an "account" because accounts are what banks use that hold money.

I replied that as an electrical engineer he shouldn't be using the word "current" because currents occur in water.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:00 pm
President Bush wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:58 pmThere's that word again... feed.

My dad once went off at me when I helped him to set up an email account. He said that it shouldn't be called an "account" because accounts are what banks use that hold money.

I replied that as an electrical engineer he shouldn't be using the word "current" because currents occur in water.
Oh, I'm sorry. I meant to say puke.

Feed. Isn't that what cattle eat?
stanky

Post by stanky »

Grass.

That's what they eat if they're lucky.