Planet America

Start here
stanky

Re: Planet America

Post by stanky »

The news feed today seemed as crazy as I've ever seen.
Trump is more exaggerated; the lies are bigger, yet he's now taken the lead in polls, and Harris is spending relief money on helping illegals get transgendering surgeries.
(my algorithm does snippets of both sides and unfortunately, they're mostly about Trump. The one story that works for both is that the election is tighter than ever, despite Trump's latest threat to engage the military on election day.)
That his voters are not affected by any of it feels incredulous. Here's a blurred eyes speed read synopsis:

Biden and Harris are not on the same page; Walz is a dim bulb that can't load a gun and Harris is a twitching finger, but Trump is old and insane, but that means Vance would be handed the reins, and maybe he's not as bad as we were told last week...but the weather is worse and insurance companies suck. People shooting each other is still popular in life an the movies. We can't get enough.

One headline caught my eye enough to click on, mostly because of our grayman's job:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/operator-die ... 52768.html

Forgot about the Diddy travesty, with Kanye appearing in some depraved circumstance. This should fuel some racists. Israel is continuing with the slaughter, adding ammo for anti-semites.
A close friend (Jewish) and life time dem activist has told us he can't vote for Harris because of Israel support.
i'd imagine he's representative of a larger movement.
(He's no way a Trumper)

I'm more convinced there won't be an election.
And that there's a growing #of disenchanted voting age Americans that have turned on the 2 party deal.
(No evidence for that, just my own conclusion from trying to digest all the shit news.)
I didn't know that a train hitting a tree could kill the engineer. That's rough.
Last edited by stanky on Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

If you believe most of that... you probably believe Trump came close to being shot at again yesterday.

Check out his potential "assassin"'s photo ops...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GZ0R-mtWgAQ ... name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GZ0R4k5W0A4 ... ame=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GZzMKw7akAE ... name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GZzMKw9akAE ... me=900x900

A total fanboy there to be in the vicinity of Fearless Leader. Had illegal guns and fake papers because everywhere he goes he has illegal guns and fake papers.

I guess this ain't in the news because, I dunno, bad for advertising dollars? Deflating for news organizations to be caught with a limp dick.

Way more sparkly to say he was a potential assassin.
stanky

Post by stanky »

I don't believe any of it. Both flavors.
(Well, i believe the train wreck happened.)

But who put the tree on the tracks?
MS-13?
Hillary?
Trans people?
Trump?

and how far do we need to travel to get away from it?

(i'm cooked)
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

President Bush wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:47 am I guess this ain't in the news because
It was all over my news.

Of course, there's another problem with America. Just because I see it, doesn't mean everyone sees it. We all watch our own version of news feeds, so there's no common knowledge anymore.

Anyway, I saw one or two "assassin" headlines shortly after he was arrested, but after that it all shifted to "sovereign citizen" nutcase headlines.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Never much of a doubt in my mind that the "assassin" would turn out to be a dipshit Trump fanboy who had illegal guns and fake papers at Fearless Leader's event because he always had illegal guns and fake papers with him.

These things generally aren't that hard to figure out. But this I don't know: what's a news feed?
What does news feed mean?

News feed definition: news feed refers to the section of a social media platform where user updates and advertisements are displayed. News feeds are where social media users spend the majority of their time, and where they can engage with other user's content.
President Bush ain't got one of those.

Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

President Bush wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:21 pm But this I don't know: what's a news feed?
I was using the term slightly more broadly than the definition you gave. I meant the collective delivery of news via the internet in situations where content is customized for the user.

My primary source of news is news.google.com. What I see there will not be equal to what others see.

I also never changed my browser's home page away from MSN, so I see a lot of new articles there when I open a new tabl That one is even more customized, and less "hard news". It has more opinion pieces, and more "social" stuff. Because I click on them, it shows me a lot of archeological discoveries, and an awful lot of overhyped references to things that are vaguely like archeological discoveries. I get a lot of "New Findings Prove the Bible is True" stories. It is a lot more likely to be the source of a post in the "stupid headlines" thread.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

I check the bank accounts sometimes, weather underground, emptywheel.net, right now the Buenos Aires Times, google maps, Zero Hedge, youtube plane crash videos, what my wife shows me. Don't even know what MSN is except that some people whine about it sometimes.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Forget MSN Prez. It's all made up shit about Taylor Swifts favorite bar or Mangos latest tirade or what you should eat to lose weight fast.

Complete bullshit.

I only see it because when I log out of my email account it pops up because Bill Fucking Gates. :D
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

President Bush wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:10 pm I check the bank accounts sometimes, weather underground, emptywheel.net, right now the Buenos Aires Times, google maps, Zero Hedge, youtube plane crash videos, what my wife shows me. Don't even know what MSN is except that some people whine about it sometimes.
MSN is Microsoft News. If you use Edge or Internet Explorer, it's the default home page, so when you open a new tab, it first shows you the MSN page.

I almost never see anything about Taylor Swift on it, because I don't click on Taylor Swift articles. On the other hand, today I had the opportunity to read an article promising to tell me the meaning of every name used by Sauron in "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Rings of Power". I see those because sometimes I click on them. It's a fluff news feed.

It does include real news stories in there as well, but there's very little quality control, and it isn't easy to distinguish opinion pieces from informational pieces.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Meadmaker wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:51 pm
President Bush wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:10 pm I check the bank accounts sometimes, weather underground, emptywheel.net, right now the Buenos Aires Times, google maps, Zero Hedge, youtube plane crash videos, what my wife shows me. Don't even know what MSN is except that some people whine about it sometimes.
MSN is Microsoft News. If you use Edge or Internet Explorer, it's the default home page, so when you open a new tab, it first shows you the MSN page.

I almost never see anything about Taylor Swift on it, because I don't click on Taylor Swift articles. On the other hand, today I had the opportunity to read an article promising to tell me the meaning of every name used by Sauron in "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Rings of Power". I see those because sometimes I click on them. It's a fluff news feed.

It does include real news stories in there as well, but there's very little quality control, and it isn't easy to distinguish opinion pieces from informational pieces.
You can also customise your feed. Little gear button in the top right corner.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.