ISF Death Clock

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: ISF Death Clock

Post by Admin »

The real irony is that Skeptical Community will outlive ISF.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Voids that suck that hard need warning labels.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

I'm really surprised that Icerat, or whoever made the decision, hasn't let us non-member lurkers back in.

All I can see is the member count, which appears to be doing fine.

I must admit that I wish I could read it. It's a strange place, for sure, but it was a place where you could at least get some sense of how people viewed the election, and other social issues. This place has too few people, and SkepticalCommunity has a weird vibe to it.

ETA: Of course, I could just ask to be reinstated. I'm just not up for taking that much of a plunge, though.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Icerat has been absent for months. No work of any kind has been done on the forum.

Personally I think we should buy it back from him. Put someone in charge who will actually pay attention.

ETA: His last post was in April, though the stats show that he was logged on just a few days ago.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:46 am I'm really surprised that Icerat, or whoever made the decision, hasn't let us non-member lurkers back in.
Would require him to spend some of the money members gave him, and that's not reasonable. The poor bloke was only recouping the vast costs he'd had in........... [/insert reason because I can't think of one]
Meadmaker wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:46 amAll I can see is the member count, which appears to be doing fine.
Misleading for two reasons.

1 Every member who'd been lurking is now signed in
2 Some 'bots have managed to circumvent the block and are showing up as members
Meadmaker wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:46 amI must admit that I wish I could read it. It's a strange place, for sure, but it was a place where you could at least get some sense of how people viewed the election, and other social issues. This place has too few people, and SkepticalCommunity has a weird vibe to it.
Weird is a mild term.

I don't think you're missing much on either forum.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

arthwollipot wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 1:05 am Icerat has been absent for months. No work of any kind has been done on the forum.
Took the money and ran. If I'd given him money I'd be disgusted, but since I didn't I'll just wonder why the fuck anyone did. He'd made so many promises in the past that never came to fruition, thinking it would be different was naive.
arthwollipot wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 1:05 amPersonally I think we should buy it back from him. Put someone in charge who will actually pay attention.
I'd question the "buy" part of the sentence, because it has zero intrinsic value, so you'd want the price to be very, very low. Even Icerat will realise he's not going to get more money from members. Why he won't let go seems to be sheer bloody-mindedness - he's earning nothing from it, he spends nothing on it.
arthwollipot wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 1:05 amETA: His last post was in April, though the stats show that he was logged on just a few days ago.
That's mildly interesting - when I last looked he hadn't logged in for months.

He's a fucking piss-taker and shame on the shade of Randi for letting it go the way he did. Sadly, it happened when I'd decided not to post for a year or two, or it would have been a different outcome for sure.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

OMG we actually got a brief post from Icerat.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.