trump off the CO ballot

Start here
stanky

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by stanky »

I have doubts there will be an election...or if there is, it will be hotly contested and drag on and on.
Trump should have gone to prison, long before any of this happened, for outlandish crimes...but we haven't the will to do that. He is above the law. Money is the law.
Harris has real baggage. The Dick Cheney endorsement says gobs. We haven't seen anyone since Kissenger that's as evil as Cheney. They're all pawns for power.

We may as well only let billionaires vote. Instead, we let them buy elections.
Looks to me, that the climate will put politics on hold.
It's bigger than money. It's sustenance. Agriculture is in the cross-hairs.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

arthwollipot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:43 am Here's how I see it.

Trump has a small group of absolutely fanatical supporters who will never vote for anybody but him, ever, and who will loudly shout his name from the rooftops like he's a God-Emperor. He also has a large group of people who see him as generally pretty good, and a larger group who see him as at least better than the opposition.

Those last two groups have been shrinking since the last election, and as Trump has been coming out with more and more unhinged talking points. He's left with the small group of very noisy fanatics, and though they punch well above their weight in propaganda, there's nowhere near enough of them to win him the election.

All Harris/Walz has to do is to whittle down the other less fanatical groups of Trump supporters, and that's what they've been doing.
I agree with that. Where I differ somewhat is that I think that the last two groups haven't been shrinking much, and some of that third group that have left might be persuaded to come back. i.e. They are leaning Harris right now because Trump has been shooting himself in the foot while campaigning, but they could be persuaded to come back.

So far, what has impressed me about Harris is how well she has gotten Trump to really expose his true self, i.e. a crazy megalomaniac. It was most obvious at the debate, but even in her advertising and general approach to the campaign she has been goading him, and he takes the bait and saus crazy stuff at his rallies.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:49 amTrump, on the other hand, has been alienating the undecideds with his unhinged behavior, and also by being old. I don't think he can fix either of those problems.
He's not helping his hardcore sycophants either - Trump Media is down 20% this week.

Poor man can't put a foot right at the moment.

I think that, like the mid-terms, polling is showing Republicans much higher than they really are. I imagine that no matter how hard pollsters try to get the demographics right, the mobile phone system doesn't fit the requirements of good polling.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

One Man’s Stand Against Donald Trump’s Election Conspiracies | “Denial” | The New Yorker Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoG1DoCF2yU
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Admin wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:10 pm
Meadmaker wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:49 amTrump, on the other hand, has been alienating the undecideds with his unhinged behavior, and also by being old. I don't think he can fix either of those problems.
He's not helping his hardcore sycophants either - Trump Media is down 20% this week.

Poor man can't put a foot right at the moment.

I think that, like the mid-terms, polling is showing Republicans much higher than they really are. I imagine that no matter how hard pollsters try to get the demographics right, the mobile phone system doesn't fit the requirements of good polling.
I think the social media stock is a Democratic opportunity. Once more, Trump has left his investors holdiing the bag, while he takes the money and runs. This time, though, his investors are his core supporters.

Technically, he hasn't taken the money yet, so maybe he won't, but the company is utterly worthless, so people who were foolish enough to buy stock are all going to lose everything, unless they get out quickly while there are still greater fools to catch.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »