Jokin' Joe is out.

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: Jokin' Joe is out.

Post by arthwollipot »

stanky wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:28 amOne had sex with a young intern in front of everyone.
No he didn't.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

stanky wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:28 am censorship has begun regarding criticism.
a book critical of her has been pulled from Amazon.
been there for 4 years.
pulled the day she's chosen.
I decided to look up what stanky was talking about.

The book is "Kamala Harris and the Future of America".

I'm trying to find out more about why it might have been pulled. Initially, the reason cited was that he used a copyrighted image on the cover.

He says he replaced that image with a generic cover. So, I presume that's an e-book only. It's still widely available, but not on Amazon.

I somehow doubt that there was something incredibly explosive in this book that it just had to be "banned", i.e. taken away from one source. Any sort of ban always brings much more publicity than a book could ever hope to achieve on its own, so censorship in America is generally not very productive. Anyway, I have to go now, but if anyone is inclined to look into it a bit more, I hope I've provided enough to get started.

My guess is that the whole kerfuffle really is just a copyright issue.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

So, I looked up the book some more. The author is a crank, but that's no reason, by itself, to take it off of Amazon.

The only hint I got was that I saw a couple of minutes of an interview with him, and he said that he really dove deep into her background, and he investigated her parents. My guess is that Amazon thought that perhaps he went a little bit too deep into someone who was not covered by the public figure exemption of libel laws.

At any rate, I am absolutely certain that Amazon isn't part of some protective cover-up scheme aimed at trying to shield Kamala's background from the public.
stanky

Post by stanky »

arthwollipot wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:29 am
stanky wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:28 amOne had sex with a young intern in front of everyone.
No he didn't.
I was using my poet's license there, Arth.
The whole sordid thing was wrung out before the people.
It felt so unnecessary, that degree of intrusion and humiliation.
Now these sorts of sin-trials will likely be relentless.

I didn't need to know about Monica Lewinsky or Stormy Daniels or what Trump's dick is like.

Probably right about that book, Meadmaker. I had heard part of an interview of the author. He claimed that he sent an updated cover and the company didn't respond, repeatedly. They carry several of the author's books and he was fine with the relationship. It either changed abruptly, or it's a pisser of a coincidence.