Planet America

Start here
stanky

Re: Planet America

Post by stanky »

Sigh...

she's such damaged goods. it's a bad start for dispelling Trump's vision.
Like Hillary, bit of a war monger. She and Biden remind me of republicans before the shift rightward.
Bobby's like the old dems. Pity we mostly haven't heard him during his campaign. Puts the competition to shame with the depth of understanding and balls to speak out about the deeper problems. Like War. environmental science; runaway greed and deregulated giants of industry, and how to address it.

The others will spew b.s. and make the usual promises, purposely avoiding the big stuff.
Macho posturing isn't going to be effective much longer. It's basically obsolete.
Novel micro-organisms; cyber war; economic war...the nukes are useless and burdensome.
Paper Tigers, even. We really need to learn some global manners or we'll get our ass kicked.

Transparency, too. Why not get over all the spying stuff, and get rid of the shadowy purpose. Jr. goes there.

pity
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

In other news, what the fuck just happened in Yellowstone?
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

arthwollipot wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:51 am In other news, what the fuck just happened in Yellowstone?
I saw the geyser film last night. Pretty cool.

For those who haven't seen it and don't k inow what we're talking about, there was a sudden explosive geyser eruption. I don't think there was a geyser at that exact point before. News reports said it was "near Saphire Pool", but not exactly on it. So I don't know if it was a new vent opening up, or just a sudden eruption at a vent that hadn't been active lately. Basically, steam buildup and sudden release. No one injured, but it was close enough to the boardwalk through the Biscuit Basin area that it destroyed some of the boardwalk and that area has been temporarily closed to visitors.

When putting "Yellowstone" into a google news search, the top story was something about Kevin Costner, and the next story was about Lainey Wilson splitting her pants during a concert.
stanky

Post by stanky »

The cauldra of Yellowstone are one of many 'end of the world' scenarios, if and when they pop.
Might have been a warning shot.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

grayman wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:54 am Okay that's it - she's got my vote.
Kamala Harris is reciting “occult… Luciferian incantations,” says major anti-LGBTQ+ activist
Perfect!

I made the comment somewhere that she's the anti-christ to Trump's Cyrus and now we have proof!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

arthwollipot wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:51 am In other news, what the fuck just happened in Yellowstone?
Spend a week in Rotorua, that sort of thing happens all the time, often in someone's back yard.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/bay-of-plenty/3 ... -to-houses
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Admin wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:20 pm
Spend a week in Rotorua, that sort of thing happens all the time, often in someone's back yard.

I've spent a day in Rotorua, ages ago when the school band did a tour of the North Island. Lots of people were complaining about the smell but for some reason I didn't find it too objectionable.

I did enjoy learning how to pronounce Whakarewarewa though.
grayman

Post by grayman »

arthwollipot wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:03 pm
Admin wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:20 pm

I've spent a day in Rotorua, ages ago when the school band did a tour of the North Island. Lots of people were complaining about the smell but for some reason I didn't find it too objectionable.

I did enjoy learning how to pronounce Whakarewarewa though.
I have spent time in Rotorua as well.

The smell didn't bother me so much. I just accepted it.

Could never pronounce locations properly. I had some locals tell me that my American accent was "cute".
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

The kids we met took great pleasure in getting us to pronounce "fish and chips".

Just like we did when they come here.
grayman

Post by grayman »

arthwollipot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:03 am The kids we met took great pleasure in getting us to pronounce "fish and chips".

Just like we did when they come here.

Most Americans (not all) cannot tell the difference between an Australian and a New Zealand accent.

Weird, huh?