Jokin' Joe is out.

Start here
Meadmaker

Re: Jokin' Joe is out.

Post by Meadmaker »

arthwollipot wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:02 am She had a job, and she was very good at it.

Apparently for some people this isn't a positive trait.
Of course, the right wing said she really wasn't very good at it.

I, personally, have not paid any attention to what she did back when she had a job that wasn't senator or vice president, and i the truth be told, I haven't paid much attention to the job she has done since.

However, as a presidential candidate, the job she did as a prosecutor will be heavily scrutinized, so I'll probably know a lot more about it by November.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:52 am Honestly, I don't know if she can do it. I know the first time I ever heard her speak, I thought she was an idiot. That was before she ran for President. It was at a Senate hearing of some sort. I don't remember what she said, but I remember thinking it was a stream of mindless Democratic talking points, with no substance. She will have the opportunity to dispel that image in the campaign. If she's successful, she'll win.
I've heard very little, and since he's been here and his wife hasn't, I know more about Kamala's husband than her and he seems like a good bloke, based on numerous accounts of his time here.

He's not some pussy-whipped wimp as far can be ascertained, so I figure if he's stayed with her she can't be too bad.

She's highly intelligent, is capable of speaking well and I'm hoping she clicks in what she's saying. She's made a good start, resonating with young voters, and as 2022 showed, if youth turn up to vote, the Democrats win big.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Probably the longest I ever heard her speak was during her debate with Mike Pence.

I don't remember anything she said, but I do remember thinking she did fine.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Nah, she's an idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6qzYdG ... ewYorkPost

There's lots more of her word salad available online.
Harder to find her speaking rationally.
Biden must have picked her for her minority feature and to not rock the boat or have ideas.

Her bubbly, laughing aspect seems to be misplaced.
I hate to speak bad of people, but i'd say she's an election wanting to lose.

They'll need something a bit more stable and assuring to whoop Trump. Charisma would be nice. Intelligence is handy. Probably needs to be a white man, maybe 60; wise but not ancient, graying at the temples. Exuding strength and courage. Like Sean Connery in his prime. Or possibly a Meryl Streep. Non-elite background

I think the dems plan is to hope Trump has a stroke. With Joe gone, Trump is suddenly an old man. Fat, too.
sparks

Post by sparks »

We should be so lucky to see Mango stroke out.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

stanky wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:31 am Nah, she's an idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6qzYdG ... ewYorkPost
Honestly, I don't think that video makes her look stupid.

I think the people who seem to have trouble parsing "What can be, unburdened by what has been", sound stupid to me. It's kind of a cool catch phrase.

Ok, the Russia/Ukraine quote and the pronouns/woman/blue dress quote sound pretty stupid, but I strongly suspect that they lack context.

Whether that style of speech will be attractive to voters is a separate issue. I have thought of her as kind of preachy, and those quotes sound like they might be in that vein. For the Russia quote, It sounds like she was trying to put the Russia/Ukraine conflict in extremely simple, almost childish, terms. A big country invaded a small country, and that's wrong.

As for the last quote, I don't have a clue, but whatever she was talking about, the quote itself is out of context.
stanky

Post by stanky »

it's a mantra of wishful un-accountability.

Sad to watch the dnc trying to rally enthusiasm for a deeply flawed and outdated platform, as they wrestle with the evil monster, Trump.
Gives him control.

He's bluster, anyway.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:31 amHer bubbly, laughing aspect seems to be misplaced.
I hate to speak bad of people, but i'd say she's an election wanting to lose.
Fact is, you'd hate anyone who isn't Bernie, or a clone thereof.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

sparks wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:29 am We should be so lucky to see Mango stroke out.
Fuck no - him dying before the election would be a disaster. They might pick someone who isn't a complete moron, and can you imagine the conspiracies?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:30 amI think the people who seem to have trouble parsing "What can be, unburdened by what has been", sound stupid to me. It's kind of a cool catch phrase.
I think it's fucking brilliant, and it appears to be her own work.
Meadmaker wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:30 am Ok, the Russia/Ukraine quote and the pronouns/woman/blue dress quote sound pretty stupid, but I strongly suspect that they lack context.
I can give you the context without even seeing or hearing it - those are aimed at zoomer/millennial voters with far more accuracy than Trump's would-be assassin.

Face it, old cunts aren't going to change their vote, but independents and youth will, and if she wins that demographic Trump will be the new Jimmy Carter and get swept off the board.