Planet America

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Planet America

Post by Admin »

arthwollipot wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:56 am When not to get quoted out of context:
Admin wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:30 amI know he caused a bit of mayhem, but Hitler did at least have a few redeeming qualities
I don't have a problem saying it. Mussolini was a fuckwit from start to hanging upside down on a fence, but Hitler did have some redeeming qualities. If it hadn't been for two mistakes we'd all be talking German and revering him as the leader who unified the world.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Admin wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:46 pm
arthwollipot wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:56 am When not to get quoted out of context:
Admin wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:30 amI know he caused a bit of mayhem, but Hitler did at least have a few redeeming qualities
I don't have a problem saying it. Mussolini was a fuckwit from start to hanging upside down on a fence, but Hitler did have some redeeming qualities. If it hadn't been for two mistakes we'd all be talking German and revering him as the leader who unified the world.
uh, yeah, right. You forgot about Hymie Rothstein.

Anyhow, see how you do on this quiz...

Who Said It, Adolf Hitler or Taylor Swift?

I got 10 out of 10 correct the first time, not lying.
stanky

Post by stanky »

I'd imagine Hitler said a fair amount of normal things as a kid....
before he was raped by Jewish boys in that alley.
stanky

Post by stanky »

or whatever it was.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Here's yet another thing embarrassing about the land that I love.

There's more and more pressure for Biden to step down, and so various names are being tossed around as a replacement. Kamala Harris is the odds on favorite to be that replacement, but she's not tho only name on the potential list of nominees.

The embarrassing thing is that one of the names on the list is Michelle Obama.

Seriously? That's really embarrassing. She has never held office. She had a decent, but not extraordinary, job, before being First Lady. The idea that we are looking at marriage as a qualification is just sad.

Sure, they tried it with Hillary (who , let's not forget, lost), but she went through the stepping stones as Senator and Secretary of State. By the time she actually ran for President, she had a heck of a lot of government experience in her own right. (And, let's not forget, she lost.)

Why the heck would we even give a passing thought to someone whose only qualification was sleeping with a guy who already had the job.

We might as well nominate a reality TV star......oh, wait.
stanky

Post by stanky »

J.D. Vance hatched from a similar background due to his book/movie about growing up in Appalachia.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

stanky wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:19 pm J.D. Vance hatched from a similar background due to his book/movie about growing up in Appalachia.
But he had already won a US Senate seat, not unlike Barack Obama. And he's only running for Vice President.

So, Vance, writes a book, gets a movie deal, serves in the military*, wins a race for Senate, and is picked for VP. That's not an awful resume for VP. After four years of VP, that won't be a bad resume for the top job.

Michelle Obama - Got a law degree. Made a good salary so she could support her husband until he made it big, and slept 8 years in the White House, and is talked about being a presidential candidate.

*I don't worship veterans the way so many Americans do, but I do consider being a veteran a plus.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

You're forgetting the one qualification that both Michelle Obama and JD Vance have.

They're rich.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

"Tennessee Republican Rep. Andy Ogles has filed articles of impeachment of Vice President Kamala Harris over her handling of the southern border and for her insistence that Joe Biden was fit for the top of the Democratic ticket. "

What a dumbass.

It's another example of the single biggest thing that bothers me about America today. Reality doesn't matter.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Okay that's it - she's got my vote.

Kamala Harris is reciting “occult… Luciferian incantations,” says major anti-LGBTQ+ activist

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2024/07/kam ... -activist/