Jokin' Joe is out.

Start here
Meadmaker

Re: Jokin' Joe is out.

Post by Meadmaker »

stanky wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:58 am New delegates are possible, iirc.
no, the delegates are picked. They just can vote for whomever they wish now that the guy they were pledged to is out.

The GOP will no doubt start an immediate barrage of attacks. Unless the Democrats decide that those attacks are so effective that they have to abandon ship, it will be Kamala. Right now, though, there aren't any other boats available. We will see if that changes in the next day or two.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Harris has no chance, imho. Damaged goods. With Newsome, still a loosing path. The dems have shown their true colors in rejecting progressive candidates in favor of more 'republican-type' candidates. Hedging their bets like this; cow-towing to the lowest common denominator while ignoring the overwhelming voice of their constituents.

They aren't this stupid. What they are; what it is; is a single party...paying lip-service to the illusion of choice, and then ignoring the history of campaign promises, while the political machine that Ike described, carries on without interference, laying the ground work for the next conflict and building the weapons pre-emptively. Funny how even the word "conspiracy" has been co-opted in such a way that the reality remains obscured.

Meanwhile, we now have private enterprises to hire for our dirty work, free from military rules and accountability.
(Black Rock comes to mind.) The Pentagon accounting allows trillions to go missing in corruption, while the 2 parties give them more than they ask for. And we, the people, ignore that and dive into the gossip surrounding the Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum contest.

Trump's fans won't even notice that none of his campaign promise is any more real than the so called liberal's.
Our actual leaders, whom aren't even behind a curtain anymore, are fairly unified in their vision.

(cue for TA to enter and rail against this paranoid propaganda i spew.)

follow the money; ignore the costume
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:42 pm Harris has no chance, imho. Damaged goods.
OMG!1! She's made some mistakes? Horrific.

You should meet her opponent.
stanky wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:42 pmThe dems have shown their true colors in rejecting progressive candidates in favor of more 'republican-type' candidates. Hedging their bets like this; cow-towing to the lowest common denominator while ignoring the overwhelming voice of their constituents.
Facts mate.

The people don't want progressive candidates, because if they did, youyr Green Party would attract votes and they don't. Bernie had his chance and missed, even though he was running against the least-popular Democrat in history.

Just because you want progressive candidates doesn't mean the majority of the country does.

Anyway, as I've said elsewhere, these amazing progressives turn out to be more shit than their counterparts in most cases. For evidence, check out Jacinda Ardern and Jeremy Corbyn. True progressives if ever there were.

Sitting in the sludge of the history bin as abject failures. It's my least-favourite thing about the left side of politics - they are every bit as power-hungry and self-serving as the worst capital C conservative.

I understand where you're coming from, you're just ignoring reality.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:09 amThe GOP will no doubt start an immediate barrage of attacks.
That's a good thing. If you have the choice between attacking Harris and attacking Trump, one of those two has an infinitely bigger target than the other.

I'm seeing some very positive signs in terms of energy. Trump was dead right about one thing - Joe's low energy.

Kamala doesn't have that issue and she's going to make a superb contrast.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

How Kamala Harris's run for the US presidency has reignited old racist and sexist tropes
Four years ago, when Kamala Harris became US President Joe Biden's running mate, she also became "the most derided woman" in US politics, according to a misinformation study.

The analysis identified Ms Harris, a black and south Asian woman, as a lightning rod for misogyny and racism. On Monday after Mr Biden endorsed her to lead the Democrats, it only took minutes for deeply offensive false narratives about her to resurface.

ABC NEWS Verify has been tracking how old tropes, falsehoods, and misinformation are already being weaponised against the current frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.

Our analysis also provides a preview of how grim the political discourse may yet become...
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That's excellent news - only those who were going to vote for Trump will care. You can see it at SC if you haven't had breakfast. The racist MAGA filth over there have been spewing about her the entire length of Biden's presidency.

She scares the shit out of them.

A black woman commie. If Trump is Cyrus, Kamala is Satan's whore.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Admin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:15 am
That's excellent news - only those who were going to vote for Trump will care. You can see it at SC if you haven't had breakfast. The racist MAGA filth over there have been spewing about her the entire length of Biden's presidency.

Trumo is Cyrus?

I'm not sure I get the analogy. This is to his followers, right? So, Trump is the guy who will allow the People of God to return to the Promised Land and rebuild the Temple? I can see that as their thought, but I've never heard anyone make that connection before. Is it a thing?

As an aside, have you heard of the Reverend James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family? Focus on the Family was at one time one of the most prominent politically active evangelical organizations. One of my ex girlfriends was, specifically, called the Whore of Babylon by James Dobson. (She was a pastor who performed gay marriages in Colorado, before it was common. The Whore of Babylon is often equated to churches who do not follow the true Gospel.....according to whoever is calling women whores.)

ETA: I googled it. Trump = Cyrus is indeed a thing.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Admin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:15 am

But...Biblical trivia aside....There is much danger there. Basically, Harris is derided as a lightweight, and not very intellectual. Saying "That's sexist!" doesn't work, except for your base, who is voting for you anyway. In fact, it plays right into the hands of the people deriding her.

As Bill Maher said on a different subject. "Yes, it's racist. But is it true?"

She has to convince the voters that she is, indeed, an intellectual heavyweight. Otherwise the derision will hit home, and complaints of sexism or racism will only make it worse.

Honestly, I don't know if she can do it. I know the first time I ever heard her speak, I thought she was an idiot. That was before she ran for President. It was at a Senate hearing of some sort. I don't remember what she said, but I remember thinking it was a stream of mindless Democratic talking points, with no substance. She will have the opportunity to dispel that image in the campaign. If she's successful, she'll win.
stanky

Post by stanky »

she was a mean prosecutor, allegedly getting long sentences for personal drug use crimes.
Vance is deep in surveillance futures. Willing to change costumes. Suckin' up hard to Trump.
Chaos might be the plan.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

She had a job, and she was very good at it.

Apparently for some people this isn't a positive trait.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.