what it means to be human

Start here
stanky

Re: what it means to be human

Post by stanky »

consciousness and thought, definitive? One is undefined and the other can't be known. We can't (yet) say what someone or thing is thinking. If an organism was found out to have thoughts and inner dialog, like us, would we be obligated to treat them better? I think it's all people out there, even trees. It's all basically me. Or in your case, you.

oops, sparky posts....

fuckin' A!
(glob of goo is good.)
sparks

Post by sparks »

We aim to please and so does Louise at Bob's Brazerko Lounge! :D
stanky

Post by stanky »

can you be a supremacist without need for modifiers?
isn't everyone a 'me supreme' person? Their main focus is themselves...and they secretly feel slightly fonder of themselves than any others, regardless of race and class...don't they? We?
How could a person even stay alive if they didn't think they were hot shit?
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Wow, that's a hot take.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
sparks

Post by sparks »

stanky wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:06 am can you be a supremacist without need for modifiers?
isn't everyone a 'me supreme' person? Their main focus is themselves...and they secretly feel slightly fonder of themselves than any others, regardless of race and class...don't they? We?
How could a person even stay alive if they didn't think they were hot shit?
I don't know. Suggest asking depressed but not yet suicidal people... :D
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Someone needs to read The Selfish Gene.
stanky

Post by stanky »

it's a reaction to the fake way we civilized people deal with the awkwardness of being the center of the universe.
i think we're well past racism, possibly in a good way.
it occurred to me while being disturbed by Israel's recent stance, that i must be anti-semetic. fine, but more than that, i'm not in favor of tribal type genetic purity fetishes. It leads to in-breeding and degeneracy. Limiting one's life to an ancient self identity, in whatever form, i don't care for. I don't want to see enclaves of people that obsess on the past. I can dig multi-culturalism; it's opposite, not so much.

why hobble our self identity with racist crap? Fuck race. And people that self identify as their race first. Ancestry gets fetishized to a morbid and obsolete degree, imho. just say no to race and religion and nationalism. we're fucked with that stuff dragging us down; inventing enemies and hating groups.
i hate that.

i hate hate
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:35 am i think we're well past racism, possibly in a good way.
What planet have you been living on?
stanky

Post by stanky »

what i was trying to say is that race is nonsense. we're all mixed up now, so clinging to the idea of racial purity is more than stupid, it's too late. Practitioners of the pride that creates hate are misleading themselves...and when they have a dna analysis, the embarrassing truth comes out. Jews, being more educated than other 'granfalloons', should be well beyond notions that ignore biological science.

Pride is dumb enough. Being mistaken about the source of that pride is adding error to insult.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:52 pm what i was trying to say is that race is nonsense. we're all mixed up now, so clinging to the idea of racial purity is more than stupid, it's too late.
Tell that to Native Americans, Maori and indigenous Australians, among others.

They're the ones demanding race-based solutions.

Also, saying race can be done away with is inherent;y racist when racial groups have worse health outcomes than others.