Weather

Start here
sparks

Re: Weather

Post by sparks »

"Team Dominator in full intercept mode."

Proof reading their own shit would never occur to them of course. Too busy acting like a puffed up smidgen of blow fish shit.

I do however fully endorse their desire to give their lives for a fucking youtube video. They simply need to try harder! :D
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Q. How is marriage and a tornado alike?
A. They both start with a lot of sucking and blowing and when it's over your house is gone.

https://www.scmp.com/video/world/326157 ... e-nebraska
sparks

Post by sparks »

President Bush wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:16 pm Q. How is marriage and a tornado alike?
A. They both start with a lot of sucking and blowing and when it's over your house is gone.

Great joke Prez, but prefer to avoid the vid. I'm betting there are lots of sources closer to home.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

sparks wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:33 pmGreat joke Prez, but prefer to avoid the vid. I'm betting there are lots of sources closer to home.
Trust me - watch it, it's a really good one.
stanky

Post by stanky »

lightening strikes live from el stankerosa!
if it keeps on raining levee's gonna break.
wee mary is in nashvegas for a few days.

plant life is exploding, especially bamboo shoots
you'd hardly believe me if i told you 3' in a day.
(it's 4')

glad the creek is up.
no car anyway.

i wonder what it's like to get sucked up into a tornado?
so different than jumping into a volcano
i'd imagine

(except duration)
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

sparks wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:33 pm
President Bush wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:16 pm Q. How is marriage and a tornado alike?

Great joke Prez, but prefer to avoid the vid. I'm betting there are lots of sources closer to home.
Here's one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSUlyTcC59Y

When we were selling in gem and mineral shows was always disturbing to think of a tornado wiping out the venue where we were set up, totally destroying all our stuff.

Used to do a spring show in Lincoln, always was held the first weekend of April, prime tornado season. Looks like the destroyed building was maybe two miles from the event center where the show is/was held, close enough to scare the living shit out of you.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lancast ... ?entry=ttu
stanky

Post by stanky »

in the comments of the first one, they said dozens of workers were in the building when it hit. All survived.
(They must have had school desks to duck under.)
The one that tried to get me snapped all the power poles as i watched. Water everywhere. (Prez saw some moisture here) The lines were live, in water until they sparked off and blew the circuit. Electrocution is a spooky possibility. Big trees fell behind and in front of me as i climbed my way home. Very juicy experience. The red cedars (junipers) are still laying where they fell. Rot resistant. Enough to build a fabulous house.

And last year, all the white ash died from the emerald ash borer. Hundreds of big ones, but no means to gather them. Need a strong lad with a mule. There's still a few loggers that use mules in the hills for selective logging. They're booked forever. Millions of these trees died in the eastern U.S. It use to be a valuable tree. Horrible watching it rot...unless you're a termite or fungus.

(being old is stupid. can't tell which way to limp.)
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Any big storms in the stankerosa yesterday?
stanky

Post by stanky »

big rain is all. saw some northern lights last 2 nites (2:30 a.m.)

bad news here, and most of the eastern U.S., is that the emerald ash borer will infest other trees when they run out of ash. We're seeing the insect more than we had last year. They killed every ash tree on the place.

also we caught an Asian hornet in the house yesterday. they're rough customers. horrible sting; they kill honey bees and destroy fruit trees, and they're known for making huge colonies...like, 6000 hornets. was hoping they were gone.
They're huge and fairly frost hardy. I put it in the freezer to kill without trashing the specimen. when i took it out, it came around again. took a second freeze for longer to off him.

I'm collecting live ticks, too. UK university wants them. Mine have my blood as a bonus.