Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Start here
President Bush

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:01 pm I've never heard anyone use either term.
(But i don't get out much)

I'm offended by people that are easily offended. That makes me want to be offensive. If a person's feelings are easily hurt, they're asking for more pain. I don't like to hurt anything, but if i did, it would be the 'special' ones.
(Is that anti-Semitic? Anti-American? Anti-diva?)

They say "a warrior has nothing to defend". A warrior is at war with 'self'. Or the idea of it. Walking on egg-shells around folks that haven't had real challenges yet is a thankless task. People that have been scrubbed hard by life are generally a joy to encounter. They share humility without needing to mention it. Spoiled brats are hard to endure. I'm out to kill the one in me.
Well said.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6SIqQ1J ... k4bjR2bmhz

ETA: learned something new... one of the comments there said in Spanish that the turkey dances like gilbertona.

Didn't know what the word meant though the "ona" suffix denotes something large and feminine. Found out this...

https://tammy.ai/keypoints/biography/in ... life-of-la
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Yeah, if you haven't heard about the Right's war on Woke by now, how's life in that cave deep in the woods? :D
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

arthwollipot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:08 am
Yeah, if you haven't heard about the Right's war on Woke by now, how's life in that cave deep in the woods? :D
I rarely hear "wike" out among real people off of the internet, but I have heard it. Usually by loudmouths who don't get that most people don't want to talk politics in social settings. (I am perfectly willing to talk politics, but I come here, or ISF, or similar places, to do it, because I assume that if political conversation offends you, you aren't here.)

I can't think of a time I've ever heard "cis" or "cisgender" outside of the internet.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Meadmaker wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:01 am I can't think of a time I've ever heard "cis" or "cisgender" outside of the internet.
If you have a bunch of trans friends, as I do, you hear it more often.
stanky

Post by stanky »

i've heard about the war on woke, but assumed it was propaganda. it sounds fake as hell. meant to divide.
Haven't witnessed any issues between the woke and asleep around here. People seem to get along. An obnoxious person would really stick out.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:05 am
Meadmaker wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:01 am I can't think of a time I've ever heard "cis" or "cisgender" outside of the internet.
If I understand the meaning right it's like being one of the Italian mobsters in the movie Shaft.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

President Bush wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:04 am
arthwollipot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:05 am
If I understand the meaning right it's like being one of the Italian mobsters in the movie Shaft.
Well I have no idea what that means, but "cisgender" simply means "not transgender" - that your gender identity conforms to the gender you were assigned at birth, which accurately describes a majority of humans.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:55 am i've heard about the war on woke, but assumed it was propaganda. it sounds fake as hell. meant to divide.
Haven't witnessed any issues between the woke and asleep around here. People seem to get along. An obnoxious person would really stick out.
I think I may not be cisphysiologic ie my age identity does not conform to the age I was assigned at birth.
sparks

Post by sparks »

And with that, Prez wins an internet today!

Well done!!
stanky

Post by stanky »

President Bush wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:42 pm
stanky wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:55 am i've heard about the war on woke, but assumed it was propaganda. it sounds fake as hell. meant to divide.
I think I may not be cisphysiologic ie my age identity does not conform to the age I was assigned at birth.
I was assigned to the wrong species. That's why i don't like clothes or dishes.
or escalators.

i wish everyone was trans. and gay. that would straighten things out.