Planet America

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Planet America

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:12 am i'll say.

the psychological is more potent.
The cane is both.

I went to a boys only high school, where the cane was in constant use.

On my first day, one of the country boys on the bus who'd been at high school for 4 years pointed out a big Maori teacher and said, whatever you do don't fuck with that guy.

He'd been a Maori All Black prop and no kid, no matter how tough they thought they were ever said boo within a mile of the cunt. He was a bad fucker.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

I found more "furry" video from that school.

https://kezj.com/furries-dress-code-protest-utah/

It's from the protest and it's over an hour long. I have only listened to a few minutes of it, in bits and pieces.

I can't make sense out of it. As I said in earlier posts, I thought I had, but seeing this, and some other things I saw posted, I can't. My explanation that it was a few kids being bullied for wearing cat-ear headbands cannot be reconciled with this video.

Something is seriously, seriously, messed up at that school. Either the teachers and administrators really are allowing furry behavior, or there is a sort of mass hysteria among the kids where they are telling lies and reinforcing each others' lies. The statements being made are very specific. The kids making the statements are identifiable. Specific teachers are being named. I have seen pictures of kids dressed up as animals that were allegedly taken at the Mount Nebo school.

Is that sort of mass hysteria possible? Scarily, it is. Maybe. But it's also possible that the most outrageous claims made by these children and only mild exaggerations. I can't believe that they are factually accurate, completely. That would just be impossible. However, suppose the truth is somewhere in the middle. On one extreme we have kids saying that there are many furries, biting, scratching, wearing masks, collars, fur pieces and dog pajamas, and putting litter boxes in the bathrooms. On the opposite side we have a claim that there were a few kids wearing headbands and they were bullied.

If the truth is somewhere in the middle, that school is messed up beyond comprehension. If it's just a little bit like the protestors say it is, then allowing that behavior is severely messed up. And if it's nothing like the protestors say, then something else is seriously messed up. Yesterday I thought it was a few kids goaded by right wing parents, but that was based on a few seconds of protest video. Having seen more, then I would say that there is either a bizarre ""woke gone mad" situation among the staff of the school, or a Salem witch trials level of falsehood and hysteria among students and parents.

And I can't tell which is which.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Admin wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:31 am
stanky wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:12 am i'll say.

the psychological is more potent.
The cane is both.

I went to a boys only high school, where the cane was in constant use.

On my first day, one of the country boys on the bus who'd been at high school for 4 years pointed out a big Maori teacher and said, whatever you do don't fuck with that guy.

He'd been a Maori All Black prop and no kid, no matter how tough they thought they were ever said boo within a mile of the cunt. He was a bad fucker.
Can't imagine the all boys high school...though it explains the horn-dog. I had a boner all through high school. Would have been awkward in a male school (for a straight guy) and i wonder if it would happen anyway? You know, the kind you get when you're half asleep to the teacher's droning and the hum of the lighting?

wtf were you doing there? Parent's attempt at discipline? Military? Religious? Did you have to wear a uniform?
(idle curiosity; apologies)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:14 pmIs that sort of mass hysteria possible?
I started a thread some years ago about the growth of mass hysteria. Why it's become so common I have no idea, but it all started with me when over 100 people "fell ill" from chemical poisoning in a building in the CBD. Turned out to be perfectly normal cleaning fluid with no harmful effects at all, but one person thought it and the rest followed.

The best example right now is the idiotic mass hysteria at the US Embassy in Cuba, where all the authorities seem to believe they were vitic of an attack by Russia, with zero evidence. It's clearly mass hysteria and it's reached right to the top.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:14 pmCan't imagine the all boys high school...though it explains the horn-dog. I had a boner all through high school. Would have been awkward in a male school (for a straight guy) and i wonder if it would happen anyway? You know, the kind you get when you're half asleep to the teacher's droning and the hum of the lighting?
I used to get off on our English teacher. I still love her a little bit. One day, a boy got six with the cane right outside our classroom and I thought she was going to throw up.
stanky wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:14 pmwtf were you doing there? Parent's attempt at discipline? Military? Religious? Did you have to wear a uniform?
(idle curiosity; apologies)
Simple bad luck to be living in a town where the boys' and girls' high schools were single sex. We have a lot of them in NZ. It was a perfectly ordinary school, and luckily by year 12 those of us in the brainiac classes got to have girls in class as the serious subjects (Latin & French) didn't have enough kids to justify having one class at each school. The girls were all geeks and plain, but they were still girls.

All schools wear uniform here, from day 1.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Anybody else get the Cathoholic school treatment of salt and pepper cords with blue shirts? The girls got black and white plaid skirts with white shirts.

What fucking madness. But it did put a stop to the cool kids having the latest fashions and therefore being special.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Admin wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:55 pm
Meadmaker wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:14 pmIs that sort of mass hysteria possible?
I started a thread some years ago about the growth of mass hysteria. Why it's become so common I have no idea, but it all started with me when over 100 people "fell ill" from chemical poisoning in a building in the CBD. Turned out to be perfectly normal cleaning fluid with no harmful effects at all, but one person thought it and the rest followed.

The best example right now is the idiotic mass hysteria at the US Embassy in Cuba, where all the authorities seem to believe they were vitic of an attack by Russia, with zero evidence. It's clearly mass hysteria and it's reached right to the top.
In the case of the furry school, I reckon some kids started bullying some other kids over the wearing of ears, started telling lies about them because that's what bullies do, and when teachers and parents got wind of it they took it way too seriously. So the kids who started it all now have the choice of doubling down on the lies, or admitting that they made it all up in order to make a few weird kids look bad.

The idea that kids are engaging in full antho roleplay at school is utterly ludicrous.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Admin wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:59 pmAll schools wear uniform here, from day 1.
Not here. Only the private religious schools require uniforms. When I was at school - public school (not the same thing as Public School in the UK which is very much not public) - uniform was recommended, easy to comply with, and comfortable, so I generally wore it.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

arthwollipot wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:13 am The idea that kids are engaging in full antho roleplay at school is utterly ludicrous.
You would think.

But I've seen some more pictures. Of course, it's the internet, so there's no guarantee they weren't photoshopped, or they might not even be from that school.

I listened to a bit more of that hour long video. Names were named. Faces were shown without blurring. In the pictures I referred to above, although they wore masks (yeah...they did....animal masks)....the kids w uld be very easily recognizable to people who knew them.

Yesterday, I believed basically what you described, but based on what I've learned since, it doesn't fit. Lying about the "furries" would still fit, but it wouldn't be the typical childish lying. It would have to be witch-hunt level lying.

Somethng very weird is going on here. I'm just not sure what.

Some fairly big names have weighed in. Local news channels have all covered it. I've seen videos by Matt Walsh and Megyn Kelly. I'm not sure if it's sufficiently viral to break into mainstream consciousness, but it might be. Will we see Riley Gaines or J.K. Rowling say, "See I told you so?" Will Ron DeSantis pass an anti-furry law? Will any Democrats touch the story with a ten foot pole? Still too early to say.
stanky

Post by stanky »

sounds pretty low-key to me. I thought today's kids were packing heat in their lunch box. Fist fights were common in my school days, but it was mostly after school, so teachers didn't see it much.
there was racist crap like crazy, and rich kids bullying poor ones.

hated school pretty hard.
wish we coulda tried some Bertrand Russel concepts.