Reasons Humans Are Doomed

Start here
stanky

Re: Reasons Humans Are Doomed

Post by stanky »

Nestle's has a water bottling plant near here. Somehow, they get sweetheart deals to extract water from municipal water systems where the water is decent. Sometimes, you can see their tanker trucks filling up from a hydrant. It's an amazingly profitable blue print.
People from the same town will buy the water they already have paid for. I guess they like the bottle. I forget the brand name. There's several.

(it's all homeopathic urine. I peed in the ocean when i was five.)
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

I'll occasionally buy bottled water if I'm going to swords and forget to bring my own. Otherwise my tap water is perfectly fine.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 pm Nestle's has a water bottling plant near here. Somehow, they get sweetheart deals to extract water from municipal water systems where the water is decent. Sometimes, you can see their tanker trucks filling up from a hydrant. It's an amazingly profitable blue print.
People from the same town will buy the water they already have paid for. I guess they like the bottle. I forget the brand name. There's several.

(it's all homeopathic urine. I peed in the ocean when i was five.)
Folks were chilling at the municipal pool when suddenly a lifeguard shouted "Mr Adams, please don't pee in the swimming pool."

Everybody starting looking around wondering what was going on when somebody shouted back "c'mon man, everybody pees in the pool!"

Lifeguard screamed "yeah, but not off the high dive."
stanky

Post by stanky »

speaking of the high dive, i had a split vision of the election yesterday while staring into space. and both were scary...but fascinating.
In one, Biden wins and then dies, leaving Kamala in charge and speaker Johnson as veep. Real strange.

In the other, Trump goes to jail, then wins bigly...boosted by his new criminal cred. He pardons himself. Couldn't make out his v.p.

Weird, but not terribly improbable. Less probable, but possible, is RFK jr squeeks the win, picking up repubs tired of Donald...but he's assassinated shortly after, leaving what's her name as top dog.
It's harder to imagine something normal. The internet tells me big changes are comin'. They never stopped, actually. I barely recognize the place.