Weather

Start here
sparks

Re: Weather

Post by sparks »

Sorry. Double post due to shitty internet service.
stanky

Post by stanky »

might be 'fused'.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Different videos of tornado(s) today outside Lincoln, Nebraska... always have wanted to see one of these puppies, but not too close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsACyYA07aw
stanky

Post by stanky »

we've had 3 over the years. one damn near got me. but in a hollow, you can't really see them. suddenly, there's an intense whirlwind and cracking of trees. in five seconds it's on the ridge. safe. so different than twisters in the plains. you could see the path of down trees on google earth. I hiked up there yesterday. the downed trees were mostly consumed by the forest, leaving heaps of dirt where the root wad was. The other trees got big. I was amazed. really beautiful mature hardwood forest; absurd variety of species. 400' of elevation rise out the back door and up. steep. wild. no people. silent at times. i'm in awe of it; the forest never gets old for me.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Reminds me of bushfires.

If you know that there's a bushfire in your area, get the hell out. You can think you're perfectly safe and then a wall of flame suddenly appears.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

President Bush wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:33 pm... always have wanted to see one of these puppies, but not too close.
Same. We get a lot here, but they're nothing like American ones.

Closest I've got is video of one that didn't quite make the ground.
stanky

Post by stanky »

this happened last nighthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8-s4oOdxk8&ab_ ... tormsMedia

not to sound callous, but the aerial view gives a quick synopsis of building methods.
it doesn't have to be this bad.