Planet America

Start here
sparks

Re: Planet America

Post by sparks »

grayman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:38 pm
sparks wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:34 pm Yep. Too bad the pastor didn't catch a slug or five.
More evidence there is no God.
:)
stanky

Post by stanky »

That logic makes no sense.
Why would a God, if one should exist, need to share your moral code?
Maybe it's a bastard-prick god?
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

I've watched Joel Ostein. My wife actually liked him and I watched one or two eposodes......errr.....I gues they were sermons? No, I like episodes better.

He didn't seem awful. I would say he was no worse than insipid. He didn't seem all that preachy moralistic or the bad right wing type. He was more the "You can be awesome with Jesus" sort.

I don't know if there is anything he has done, though, to make me say he's awful. I assume he lives a very nice lifestyle off of donations, probably, but even that I don't know to be true. I can't just assume he's a megapreacher, crook, and whoremonger just because he's a preacher. Sure stereotypes exist for a reason but he could be different.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Religion thread is over there >>>>>>

Meanwhile...

https://youtu.be/NpBPm0b9deQ?si=MA4FTywgfx0wXG0S&t=376
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

President Bush wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:55 am Religion thread is over there >>>>>>
Trying to separate religion from America? Good luck with that.
sparks

Post by sparks »

First amendment. But 99% of the umercan peeps sure as fuck missed it, along with all those good chreeeeeeeeeeestians who keep inserting sky daddy everywhere the sonofabitch does not belong!

Miserable fucks.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:01 am
President Bush wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:55 am Religion thread is over there >>>>>>
Isn't Australia the drunkest country on earth?
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

President Bush wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:13 pm
I'd be surprised. We're certainly up there, to be sure, but the drunkest of all? Not sure.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:16 pm
President Bush wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:13 pm

I'd be surprised. We're certainly up there, to be sure, but the drunkest of all? Not sure.
Drunker than Russia.
Australians have been named the heaviest drinkers in the world in a survey after spending more time drunk in 2020 than any other nation.

The international survey found Australians drank to the point of drunkenness an average of 27 times a year, almost double the global average of 15. Almost a quarter of Australians reported feeling regret for becoming intoxicated.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... rvey-finds
Brought that up because as not all Australians are habitual drunks, well, not all Americans are religious idiots.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

President Bush wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:22 amBrought that up because as not all Australians are habitual drunks, well, not all Americans are religious idiots.
No, of course not. Didn't say they were. But separating religion from America is not a trivial pursuit. America is far more religious than most other developed democracies.