Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Start here
stanky
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by stanky »

Trump has empowered the budding young narcissists like no one before. Imagine the parents, telling young Johnny, "Son, if you simply believe in yourself, above all else, you can be a billionaire, even if your grades are poor. In fact, you could be president, even if you're over-weight and have bad hair...as long as you believe that you're the greatest!"
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 768
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:42 am

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:17 pm Trump has empowered the budding young narcissists like no one before. Imagine the parents, telling young Johnny, "Son, if you simply believe in yourself, above all else, you can be a billionaire, even if your grades are poor. In fact, you could be president, even if you're over-weight and have bad hair...as long as you believe that you're the greatest!"
But you believe there's no difference between voting for him or Biden and are busy pushing the delightful RFK Jr.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-f ... c6b73da056
sparks
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:01 am

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by sparks »

Good christ! Just what we need. Another ancient anti-vax piss weasel in the oval office.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 768
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:42 am

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by Admin »

sparks wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:46 pm Good christ! Just what we need. Another ancient anti-vax piss weasel in the oval office.
There's zero chance that will happen.

What there is, is a chance he could split the vote and allow Trump to win, although I don't think there are sufficient people crazy enough to vote for RFK Jr for that to happen.
Meadmaker
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:25 am

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by Meadmaker »

There weren't many people who voted for Ralph Nader, but there were enough to get George W. Bush elected.

In 2016, there were enough Jill Stein voters to turn Michigan to a Trump state, although changing that wouldn't have changed the overall result.

But....so it goes. That's our election process. Until more state adopt ranked choice voting, 3rd parties and independents can throw elections.

In the specific case of RFK Jr., I think his share of the vote will be incredibly small, and almost every one of them will be an actual vote for "None of the above". The problem with American elections right now is that the country is so evenly split that any slight perturbation can send the election the other way.
stanky
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by stanky »

Admin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:19 pm
stanky wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:17 pm Trump has empowered the budding young narcissists like no one before. Imagine the parents, telling young Johnny, "Son, if you simply believe in yourself, above all else, you can be a billionaire, even if your grades are poor. In fact, you could be president, even if you're over-weight and have bad hair...as long as you believe that you're the greatest!"
But you believe there's no difference between voting for him or Biden and are busy pushing the delightful RFK Jr.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-f ... c6b73da056
i think that Biden and Trump are very different, but yeah, i think they are essentially figure heads.'I wouldn't say I'm 'pushing' RFK jr.
but i think he'd be a better choice due to his understanding of the inner workings, and being anti-war/pro-environment.
The 2 parties are interchangeable. Neither are interested in problem solving, hence, i have no interest in either.
Meadmaker
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:25 am

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by Meadmaker »

From Fox News:

Charlie Hurt: This is as close to treason as I can think.


That kind of headline is bound to be followed by a heaping helping of stupid.

After watching the video. (It showed up in my news feed, but the link was to a video.) It was seven minutes of double decker stupidity.

It was Laura Ingraham and a couple of morons talking about....drum roll please....immigration, and specifically the impeachment of DHS Secretary Myorkas. So, it was from several days ago. The treasonous offense was committed by Joe Biden, naturally, aiding and abetting an invasion of the United States by.....by....well who knows who could be in there!

My favorite was when Ms. Ingraham opined about how upset the Founding Fathers would be at our porous borders.
stanky
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by stanky »

Admin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:20 am
sparks wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:46 pm Good christ! Just what we need. Another ancient anti-vax piss weasel in the oval office.
There's zero chance that will happen.

What there is, is a chance he could split the vote and allow Trump to win, although I don't think there are sufficient people crazy enough to vote for RFK Jr for that to happen.
Given the system that we have, and where it leads, should be ample reason to give consideration to alternatives.
One would need to be 'crazy' to vote for Biden or Trump, wouldn't you say?
Hence, the system is what's crazy. And neither of the big two candidates have any interest in changing it.

otoh, someone from outside, like rfk jr, would simply not be permitted to be president. No one of worth or vision will be permitted, and not because of the will of the people. It's because of the will of the vast machine and its cooperative efforts, linked in runaway momentum, toward a certain future. I don't see it as sinister, exactly...more like 'bumbling', barely conscious of itself as a whole. More like an algorithm.

I don't think you look at it seriously, even though you're convinced of its failure and doom.
You seem more interested in creating an adversarial relationship where there shouldn't be one.
Who or what qualifies the sane option, in your opinion?
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 768
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:42 am

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:19 pmGiven the system that we have, and where it leads, should be ample reason to give consideration to alternatives.
One would need to be 'crazy' to vote for Biden or Trump, wouldn't you say?
Nope, and it's a really stupid question.

One of them is a silly old fart who struggles to remember what day of the week it is, the other is a narcissist psychopath capable of bringing about the early destruction of the human species.

The only person I see saying they're both equal is you.
stanky wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:19 pmHence, the system is what's crazy. And neither of the big two candidates have any interest in changing it.
They don't have the power to change anything, so why would they even go there?
stanky wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:19 pmotoh, someone from outside, like rfk jr, would simply not be permitted to be president. No one of worth or vision will be permitted, and not because of the will of the people. It's because of the will of the vast machine and its cooperative efforts, linked in runaway momentum, toward a certain future. I don't see it as sinister, exactly...more like 'bumbling', barely conscious of itself as a whole. More like an algorithm.
Utter bullshit.

The reason why RFK Jr would never be president is because he's such a traitor to his people that his own family disown him. If he wasn't a raging fuckwit anti-science shithead he could easily have claimed the Democratic nomination. They picked Biden for fuxake - their standards are pretty low.

The reason your system is fucked is simply because your Constitution is a century out of date and isn't allowed to be changed.
stanky
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by stanky »

i see you have nothing.
you probably won't look at anything that isn't the company line, which you've evidently bought, based on the sophomoric sludge above.
you seem intent on stereotyping me; to a role i don't play. our politics are about the same.

You know i got the shitty vax...3 times. Voted for Biden. It hurt, though. Strange that you think so highly of him.
You know he's bombing 3 countries now, right?
You think Trump is more likely to start a war?
i don't.

(Can't stand him, though.)
Post Reply