Planet America

Start here
grayman

Re: Planet America

Post by grayman »

arthwollipot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:48 pm Looks like Galt's Gulch all over again.
President Bush wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:14 pm Look at the bright side, stanky... you might be in line for abandoned earth-moving and construction equipment once the promoters get indicted for tax evasion and wire fraud.

Also Kentucky:

Kentucky GOP bill paves the way for 'deadly physical force' against the homeless

https://www.rawstory.com/kentucky-republican/
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

The proposed law is, in my opinion, stupid.

However, the click-bait headline is highly misleading.

One of my objections to Planet America, and maybe all around the world, is that the media is filled with exaggerated stories, or headlines that make people believe something is happening when, in fact, it isn't happening. The most sensational aspects of the linked article are just plain false.

There's plenty wrong with the bill. There's no need to make up other stuff.

It won''t pass as written.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Admin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:16 pm
grayman wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:48 am Speaking of TS and football players:

Did you know that Taylor Swift has donated more money to good causes than Brett Farve has stolen from good causes?
I have an extensive thread at ISF I started when she was named Person of the Year.

The real benefit of it is being able to shit over fuckwits who say bad things about her. I don't give tow shits about her music, but she's an outstanding human being.
As I have mentioned over there, I've been really enjoying her music too.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

arthwollipot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:20 pmAs I have mentioned over there, I've been really enjoying her music too.
I never notice the music, being besotted with her body.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Meadmaker wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:03 pm The proposed law is, in my opinion, stupid.

However, the click-bait headline is highly misleading.

One of my objections to Planet America, and maybe all around the world, is that the media is filled with exaggerated stories, or headlines that make people believe something is happening when, in fact, it isn't happening. The most sensational aspects of the linked article are just plain false.

There's plenty wrong with the bill. There's no need to make up other stuff.

It won''t pass as written.

good point about the media.
I like to read a bit of both political extremes, to see how flexible the 'news' really is.
Fox and CNN, for instance, will report on the same story with opposite conclusions. On Trump in court, one will declare his victory whilst the other claims how crushed he was.
Puts the b.s. in perspective. Both sources can hopefully be ignored as the shameless propaganda they've become.
grayman

Post by grayman »

A trucker convoy of “patriots” is heading to the U.S. border with Mexico next week, as the standoff between Texas and the federal government intensifies.
The organizers of the “Take Our Border Back” convoy have called themselves “God’s army” and say they’re on a mission to stand up against the “globalists” who they claim are conspiring to keep U.S. borders open and destroy the country.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9adk/ ... ationalism
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The insanity just keeps getting more intense.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Another convoy? I remember when the cookers were last here.

It was kind of funny, if they weren't so annoying. I saw a vehicle with "No Mandates" scrawled across the window. I pulled up next to them at the traffic lights. I guess that mandate was okay.
stanky

Post by stanky »

The Nazi groove is alive and well in the U.S.
But we've long forgotten how much affiliation Americans have had with Nazis.
Eugenics and antisemitism were strong here in the 30's. The kkk was out front and popular.

This mini-documentary discusses our history of far-right ideology:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbp_nXM ... ence%7CPBS

Immigration and the border were huge issues back then. It's all quite familiar.

slow learners?
grayman

Post by grayman »