Post by Admin »

Fuck, that's a very good one.
grayman

Re: Reasons Humans Are Doomed

Post by grayman »

stanky

Post by stanky »

My favorite human-made ecological disaster, plastics, is making good headway; becoming ubiquitous? Is that the word?
It's becoming one with the bio-sphere, and will continue to do so, over time, until all life forms will have necessarily evolved to handle it.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-q ... 20300.html

the link describes the average # of nano-particles of plastic per liter of bottled water of varios brands, bought at Wallmart. 1/4 million.
They thought a lot of the wee bits came from the bottle, and others came from the filters used to clean the water. oops.
It isn't yet known if this fine trash can cross the blood/brain barrier. What could go wrong?

what sickens me about it, is the way it's in everything already, and it's just begun. There's no way we can stop it from eroding into the ocean, even if we stopped producing it. No species are exempt. What a legacy of a generation! I remember when it was just starting; you'd see one or two items made of plastic. And then America went Ape-shit crazy. and jumped on-board with gusto. stunningly fast. sorry, everything. I blame tv. and me. sigh.

but, hey...maybe protoplasm will make use of the new materials. maybe cartilage will last longer; hair, more lustrous.

doom is a state of mind? or a music genre.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:07 am It's becoming one with the bio-sphere, and will continue to do so, over time, until all life forms will have necessarily evolved to handle it.
I don't think that's even possible. Luckily, it doesn't seem to matter much, although the possibility exists we'll reach some fatal tipping point.
grayman

Post by grayman »

The planet's trying to kill us.

Stumbled onto this item this morning:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Nyos
grayman

Post by grayman »

It's just a goddam Oreo. Get over it.

sparks

Post by sparks »

Good. More Oreo goodness for us! BTW, smokes and single malt are also of the devil. So stay the fuck away from my supplies Chreeeeeeeeeeeeeeestians.