Planet America

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: Planet America

Post by arthwollipot »

President Bush wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:41 amSaw a driverless car on the road today, nobody fucking in it, right next to us at a stoplight. Loaded with gizmos, rest of their shit was invisible. Lane it was in ended shortly after the stoplight, didn´t want the google family to sideswipe us when they´d have to merge after the light turned green. When it did I floored it, got ahead of the google family, goddamn, they even used the turn signal to merge in behind us. Maybe I should have slammed on the brakes to see if it would´ve rear ended us.
It wouldn't have. It knows you're there and will avoid you if possible.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:54 am
President Bush wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:41 amSaw a driverless car on the road today, nobody fucking in it, right next to us at a stoplight. Loaded with gizmos, rest of their shit was invisible. Lane it was in ended shortly after the stoplight, didn´t want the google family to sideswipe us when they´d have to merge after the light turned green. When it did I floored it, got ahead of the google family, goddamn, they even used the turn signal to merge in behind us. Maybe I should have slammed on the brakes to see if it would´ve rear ended us.
That would explain why it pulled into Denny’s, it must have known I would never eat there.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

President Bush wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:43 pm
arthwollipot wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:54 am
That would explain why it pulled into Denny’s, it must have known I would never eat there.
Found it.

https://waymo.com/waymo-one-phoenix/#:~ ... t%20Valley.

That goddamn thing is lucky I´m not still dispatching cab.
grayman

Post by grayman »

President Bush wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:43 pm

Denny's is not a a place someone goes to, it's a place where they end up.

President Bush wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:04 pm
Found it.

https://waymo.com/waymo-one-phoenix/#:~ ... t%20Valley.

That goddamn thing is lucky I´m not still dispatching cab.

If the class 1 railroads had their way, all freight would be moved without a crew.
grayman

Post by grayman »

sparks

Post by sparks »

Planet America indeed! :)
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

1 dead.

5 injured.

Story on page 2.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

In 2016, a 23-year-old man died in the Lower Geyser Basin after leaving the boardwalk, and authorities deemed it too unsafe to recover his body, which dissolved almost completely by the next day.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-james ... 00008.html
That´s cool.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

President Bush wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:45 am
In 2016, a 23-year-old man died in the Lower Geyser Basin after leaving the boardwalk, and authorities deemed it too unsafe to recover his body, which dissolved almost completely by the next day.

That´s cool.
I know what you mean, but couldn't you have used a slightly better phrase?
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:41 am
President Bush wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:45 am

That´s cool.
I know what you mean, but couldn't you have used a slightly better phrase?
like this?