trump off the CO ballot

Start here
stanky

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by stanky »

appreciate your efforts here, Prez.
Although, still hard to know what's what.

I do admire your willingness to shut off the noise. It does kinda go nowhere, or worse...creates conflict where there wasn't any.
I started to get in trouble with my peers (all the usual left leaning liberals of the boomer crowd) when i began to look at the other narrative.
What i found amazing was that there were two completely different takes on the news. Same story. Fox: "Trump scores big at huge rally..." or CNN's "Trump visibly confused and sweating, as ever dwindling crowds attend his rallies". It's kinda hilarious. Helped me to reject both as the bland propaganda they are. What amazed me more, and what i see as the dangerous part, is that friends I've known for long time couldn't hear anything i was saying in favor of assuming i'd become a Trumper. One accused me of listening to right wing talk radio...like Alex Jones level. Never have; don't need to.
Got nothing to defend, in the effort to get at the most factual reporting.

Obviously, not as easy as it sounds.

One thing seems certain:
We're in deep shit, and none of the pop-political movements have any intention of fixing it.

My recent wave of writing is about done. Trying to flush it out; prepare for more interesting pursuits.
Too old now to become an ex-pat. Empathetic to it, for sure. Hurts to say, but my country is an asshole and a lying bully. maybe too stuck to change.
The people aren't; mostly. But the other thing, "America! Fuck Yeah!" is something beyond our voices of opposition. The vote has no effect on the direction of the nation. We're helpless to save it from itself. We can watch empire collapse; comment on it; or try to be invisible; not cause trouble.

In that spirit:

I wonder if Taylor Swift is really in love with the football player? Or, is she just using him?
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:05 am I wonder if Taylor Swift is really in love with the football player? Or, is she just using him?
Not my style, always liked ´em a little edgier...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qMp3pX6FjA&t=12s
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Admin wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:17 am Excuse me for not following it all very closely, but isn't the logical outcome an appeal to SCOTUS, who will rule in the orange turd's favour?
Ahem: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/election ... 3cf0e47cdb
stanky

Post by stanky »

Damn...
You're a psychic.

Now that the deception level in common things is nearly total, it's fairly reasonable (?) to ask one's self "If this little show in Colorado WAS a theatrical distraction, planned and executed, and great return on investment. It's got Trump fans on edge; Biden fans, nervous. It gives the people something to watch while the case is resolved. Either way it goes, Trump wins. The electoral college is such that nothing was at stake in CO for Trump.
It's kind of perfect, if it is a conspiracy. If it's not, what a waste. Inside club, in CO, and Supreme's and Big Don.

All exemplary law abiders, surely. So, no. conspiracy.
I jut like to reverse engineer plays and plots; seems so easy to do, should 'they' want to. Everyday news clips happen, that if staged, would have been damn easy to stage. Other's, clearly not. But, damn! The amount of criminal behavior in leadership is rampant. Some crime, like congress being able to buy and sell stocks, is legal. And they make a little extra. Both sides, of course.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

stanky wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:05 am
One thing seems certain:
We're in deep shit, and none of the pop-political movements have any intention of fixing it.
If this is deep shit, it really ain't so bad.

Yeah, it's better for some than for others, but that has been and always will be the case. In general, though, we have it pretty good.

My concern is that the future has some troubling possibilities. When it comes to Donald Trump, I see a would-be dictator. I doubt that he could pull it off, but in my opinion it is amazing that people are even going to let him have a chance.

I saw a headline that Maine's top election official is throwing him off the primary ballot as well. I'm sure that will be folded into Trump's the Supreme Court decision. The court case should be somewhat interesting. I would be stunned and amazed if they rule against Trump, but I will be curious about the reasoning they use. My guess is that it will be "that wasn't really an insurrection", but they might take another tack. In terms of interest, the dissenting opinions might be more interesting than the majority
stanky

Post by stanky »

Meadmaker wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:06 am
stanky wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:05 am
One thing seems certain:
If this is deep shit, it really ain't so bad.

Yeah, it's better for some than for others, but that has been and always will be the case. In general, though, we have it pretty good.

My concern is that the future has some troubling possibilities. When it comes to Donald Trump, I see a would-be dictator. I doubt that he could pull it off, but in my opinion it is amazing that people are even going to let him have a chance.

I saw a headline that Maine's top election official is throwing him off the primary ballot as well. I'm sure that will be folded into Trump's the Supreme Court decision. The court case should be somewhat interesting. I would be stunned and amazed if they rule against Trump, but I will be curious about the reasoning they use. My guess is that it will be "that wasn't really an insurrection", but they might take another tack. In terms of interest, the dissenting opinions might be more interesting than the majority
Well , sure...It's not so bad. In fact, we have it amazingly good. The problem is, and it's becoming obviously clear, there's nothing sustainable about it.
So, while we in the U.S. enjoy our consumerism, we're simultaneously making the planet uninhabitable for our grand kids and everyone else.
In touting the American lifestyle, an apt analogy might be in noting how great life is (for a while) when a young family basically gives up and decides to max out their credit cards; not pay their bills, and really live it up before becoming homeless.

In fact, that's essentially the situation for those that are managing well and paying their bills, however great a struggle that is. Even that busy lifestyle is unsustainable. Once one becomes aware of that, via hard scientific analysis, it takes away some of the thrill. In my case, what has been an eye opener, is how difficult and even illegal it is, to attempt to behave in a sustainable way. My ten minutes of fame happened when I ignored some rules in order to build a house that required no heating or cooling or sewer hook up or any utility bills, for that matter, and i did it for cheap and quickly.

The obstacles were relentless. many were hilarious. The house was earth sheltered passive solar with moveable insulation. (I built it in 1982, ex-wife still lives in it) One of the building codes i violated was 'not enough insulation". Even though it required no heat. (Other than solar radiation) It got worse. In talking to the head of the E.P.A. in PA, he told me that all my systems were in fact, a step up in safety and ecological concerns, over their mandates, but his hands were tied, and so on. Ex's new fool brought it up to their demands by dismantling what worked better; at great expense.

Since then, it has only become more obvious that there is no political will to correct our course. If anything, it's full speed ahead, toward our demise.
Not even that much fun (for 1/2 or more American's ?) whom live a stress filled life they can barely afford. We're helpless to change it. The monster is not fazed by the vote. It's agenda is not about improving life.
stanky

Post by stanky »

btw,

happy new year, everyone.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

stanky wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:03 pm Well , sure...It's not so bad. In fact, we have it amazingly good. The problem is, and it's becoming obviously clear, there's nothing sustainable about it.
True.....and false. I think.

After I saw "An Inconvenient Truth" (Did I get the title right? Al Gore's documentary.) I started researching climage change.

It's really hard to find good information.

Because it isn't the subject of this thread, I won't go into detai about what I foundl, but I reached the conclusion that our lifestyle isn't sustainable. However, when it hits the limit, society won't collapse. There won't be mass starbation. We'll just have to give up some stuff, and go back to a 20th century lifestyle, but we''ll still have the internet, and we'll still have really good medicine. And that assumes that new technology doesn't come along to make it sustainable.
sparks

Post by sparks »

OTOH, global climate could encounter a tipping point.

That's likely to be too much fun. If severe enough, no one gets out alive.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

sparks wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:25 pm OTOH, global climate could encounter a tipping point.

That's likely to be too much fun. If severe enough, no one gets out alive.
I can't say I'm truly knowledgeable about the subject, but my primary conclusion was that all the "tipping point" rhetoric was nonsense.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not an expert.