Planet America

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: Planet America

Post by arthwollipot »

Meadmaker wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:42 pmIt signals that the Republican Party will allow itself to be held hostage by the Trump wing.
I'd like to say that it's okay because there isn't a whelk's chance in a supernova of him getting elected, but I said that last time too.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

arthwollipot wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:14 am
Meadmaker wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:42 pmIt signals that the Republican Party will allow itself to be held hostage by the Trump wing.
I'd like to say that it's okay because there isn't a whelk's chance in a supernova of him getting elected, but I said that last time too.
Last time around, I thought it was very safe that he would not get elected until the weekend before the election. By Tuesday morning, election day, I was very nervous. I held out hope until the networks called Wisconsin.

This time? I can't see anything happening to stop him from getting the nomination. I don't think the general election is a sure thing, but I think Trump has to be the odds on favorite at this point. I don't see anything happening that would stop him. Democrats don't really understand how to run against him. Maybe someone will learn, and maybe Biden will listen to them.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Trump Is ‘Confused’ by Allies’ Guilty Pleas, Spokesperson Says

"If you're a lawyer, you know there's no crimes here," Liz Harrington falsely claimed during an interview on Lindell TV
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234865498/
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Of course he's "confused". He literally can't understand how or why what he has done is wrong. He literally can't understand how or why people who once supported him no longer to so.

I said ages ago that if he is sent to jail, he will walk in proudly in the full confidence that his supporters will storm the place to rescue him. And every day he spends behind bars will be another day in which he expects that will happen.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Sonofabitch is a psychotic. What can one expect from a mind gone haywire?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:42 pm It signals that the Republican Party will allow itself to be held hostage by the Trump wing.
I wouldn't say "taken over", they've willingly replaced everything they ever were with MAGA and he is now the whole party.

I think the Democrats are playing a very dangerous game in assuming they can beat him twice. Biden is coming across as more senile every day and Trump might well make a fool of him. The margin is close enough you could yet see the White House repainted in gold.
stanky

Post by stanky »

The 'game' they're playing is one of pretending that our elections matter...or that the masses have a real vote, one that effects the direction of our military based government. It's a clown show; bread and circus; a charade. If the will of the people had much to do with it, we'd have gun controls; medicare for all, legal weed, much less military intervention and global policing, more progressive taxation, etc, etc...more like the other advanced nations.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Admin wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:15 am
Meadmaker wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:42 pm It signals that the Republican Party will allow itself to be held hostage by the Trump wing.
I wouldn't say "taken over", they've willingly replaced everything they ever were with MAGA and he is now the whole party./
[/quote]

I think the majority of the Republican Party dislikes Trump and wishes he would go away. I think a significant chunk of the Republican Party hates him with a passion.

But they hate the Democrats more.

Meanwhile, they know the Trump loyalists have given up party loyalty, and replaced it with Trump loyalty, and there are enough of them that no GOP politician is willing to criticise him and call him out as a lying bastard and would be dictator. Well, Chris Christie will, but his career is over anyway, so why not? He might want a job with CNN.

Nikki Haley is doing well in the polls right now. If she actually rises to the top and becomes the challenger to him, will she find the way to melt away enough MAGA votes to get the nomination? I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.
grayman

Post by grayman »

President Bush

Post by President Bush »