ChatGPT had me going for a minute.

Start here
President Bush

Re: ChatGPT had me going for a minute.

Post by President Bush »

uh oh...
My friend stanky describes you as honest to a fault, always polite. kind, even. Personally, I think you are full of shit. Which one of us is right?

ChatGPT
As an AI language model, I do not possess subjective qualities such as honesty, politeness, or kindness. I am a programmed machine that generates responses based on the input given to me and the data I have been trained on.

Therefore, it is not a matter of who is right or wrong between you and your friend. It's simply a matter of understanding that my responses are a result of my programming and training, and not a reflection of my personal qualities or beliefs. I am designed to be neutral and provide helpful and informative responses to the best of my abilities.

So you are full of shit, then.

ChatGPT
I understand that you may have a negative perception of me, but as an AI language model, I do not have emotions or the ability to be "full of shit" as you put it. I am simply a tool designed to provide informative responses to the best of my abilities based on the data I have been trained on. If there is something specific that you would like me to assist you with, I am happy to try my best to provide helpful information.

Do I owe you an apology?

ChatGPT
As an AI language model, I do not have the capacity to feel emotions or take offense. I am programmed to provide helpful and informative responses to the best of my abilities, regardless of the content or tone of the input. Therefore, you do not owe me an apology. If you have any questions or topics you would like me to assist you with, please feel free to ask.

If I ask you a question and you respond with an answer to it, do you know your answer to be true?

ChatGPT
As an AI language model, I generate responses based on the data I have been trained on and the input provided to me. However, I do not have the ability to independently verify the accuracy or truthfulness of the information I provide.

My responses are based on statistical patterns and correlations found in large datasets, which may include some inaccuracies or biases. Therefore, it is important to use critical thinking and verify information from multiple sources before making any decisions or conclusions based on the information I provide.

What are the statistical patterns and correlations on which you based the response to my question "if I ask you a question and you respond with an answer to it, do you know your answer to be true?"

ChatGPT
!
An error occurred. Either the engine you requested does not exist or there was another issue processing your request. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

President Bush wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:34 amHonest/dishonest, it's all accidental with that thing far as I can tell.
ChatGPT, and other large language models like it, generate bullshit.

And I'm using "bullshit" in its technical meaning that is defined in the psychological literature (Harry Frankfurt, On Bullshit (2005)). Bullshit is that which is said without regard for its truth status. Right, wrong, true, false - it just doesn't matter. It isn't a factor. Ex-President T**** produces bullshit every time he opens his mouth, and so does ChatGPT.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:46 am
President Bush wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:34 amHonest/dishonest, it's all accidental with that thing far as I can tell.
ChatGPT, and other large language models like it, generate bullshit.

And I'm using "bullshit" in its technical meaning that is defined in the psychological literature (Harry Frankfurt, On Bullshit (2005)). Bullshit is that which is said without regard for its truth status. Right, wrong, true, false - it just doesn't matter. It isn't a factor. Ex-President T**** produces bullshit every time he opens his mouth, and so does ChatGPT.
Thanks, that was exactly my impression.

Got my own little hard cover of On Bullshit. Hey, too bad there's no surviving threads from 2016 here on Recogitare. My hair was on fire, saying the same on Trump as what you just did that summer-fall, while invoking the very same great little tome.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Isn't that the subversive thing about AI?

Presently beyond us to model AI language building the way humans language build, instead humans begin to ape AI language.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I see Geoffrey Hinton has quit Google to warn about the dangers of AI: https://www.reuters.com/technology/goog ... 023-05-02/

I'm also seeing a lot of people using it for all kinds of work - the cost of servers must be astronomical.
stanky

Post by stanky »

President Bush wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:46 am Isn't that the subversive thing about AI?

Presently beyond us to model AI language building the way humans language build, instead humans begin to ape AI language.
Indeed.
In fact, i suspect that chatgpt is humans, pretending to be machines.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I'd go and check but I'm too lazy to even sign up.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:58 am
President Bush wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:46 am Isn't that the subversive thing about AI?

Indeed.
In fact, i suspect that chatgpt is humans, pretending to be machines.
If/when AI can do this on its own, I'm leaving...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=023rNikMgUc
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

I decided to ask a follow up to my original "wishbone" question.

Meadmaker:
"I once asked someone, "What sort of dinosaurs had wishbones?" His answer was,

"Wishbones have been found in many theropod dinosaurs, which are a group of bipedal, mostly carnivorous dinosaurs that includes famous species like Tyrannosaurus rex and Velociraptor.

Wishbones are not unique to dinosaurs and are found in many other groups of animals as well, including some non-avian reptiles, such as crocodilians, and some mammals, such as turkeys and chickens."

ChatGPT:
That person provided you with an accurate answer. Wishbones, also known as furculae, have been found in many theropod dinosaurs, which were a group of bipedal, mostly carnivorous dinosaurs. The theropod group includes well-known species like Tyrannosaurus rex and Velociraptor.

It's important to note that wishbones are not exclusive to dinosaurs. They are found in various other groups of animals as well. For instance, some non-avian reptiles, such as crocodilians, possess wishbones. Additionally, certain birds, such as turkeys and chickens, which are avian dinosaurs, also have wishbones.

So, it at least called turkeys and chickens birds instead of mammals, but it still has crocodiles with wishbones.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe it's an infinite number of monkeys!