Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vaccination and misinformation
Anti-Vaxxers Are Getting Dragged After Requesting To Be Called 'Vaccine Risk Aware'
Quote:Crazy Mothers is an informational site on all things anti-vaccination, leading with the tagline, "The Rebellion Starts At Home."

The team requested that the term "Anti-Vaxxer" be exchanged with "Vaccine Risk Aware," claiming that the prior term marginalized women and their experiences.
"as the pope, i nominate grayman for sainthood.." - stanky
They should just settle for Fuckwits. Angry

Seen the results of relying on 'ancient traditional practices' and Vitamin A to prevent a measles outbreak in Samoa?
Going really well for them.  So far it's mostly only killing their kids.

Quote:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-06/anti-vaxxer-charged-samoa-amid-nationwide-immunisation-drive/11772714
Samoa charges anti-vaxxer with incitement as country battles deadly measles outbreak

Quote:https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/why-measles-has-spread-like-wildfire-in-samoa-20191206-p53hhj.html
Why measles has 'spread like wildfire' in Samoa
More than 60 people, including many children, have died as a measles outbreak sweeps the island nation. How big is the problem and where else in the world is measles on the march?

Aaannnnd, as ultimate proof of retardation as principle component of the problem... football player's wife. It doesn't get much dumber than that.

Quote:https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/taylor-winterstein-wife-samoan-rugby-league-player-blames-government-for-measles-outbreak/273d44ff-77e3-4236-b06c-dd15a6ff57a1
Anti-vax footballer's wife blames Samoan government for measles outbreak

By Ash Kent| 1 day ago
Samoa shut down amid measles epidemic

The wife of a Rugby League player has blamed the Samoan government for the deadly measles outbreak currently ravaging the country.

Taylor Winterstein, wife of Samoan rugby league player Frank Winterstein, is campaigning against compulsory immunisation in Samoa. The Pacific nation has been battling an outbreak of the virus since October, with the death toll standing at 60.

Winterstein, a vocal anti-vaccination supporter, believes the government has not done its job because it has not delivered Vitamin A tablets to those with the illness – a treatment recognised by the World Health Organisation. She also believes vaccines are the cause of the outbreak and that officials should focus on giving people vitamin A instead.

Well, there you have it, why would you doubt the wisdom and advice of a PI footballer's squeeze?  They're all such mental giants,  you only have to hear them give interviews ... and sermons.
(12-06-2019, 10:25 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Well, there you have it, why would you doubt the wisdom and advice of a PI footballer's squeeze?  They're all such mental giants,  you only have to hear them give interviews ... and sermons.

The fewer qualifications you have on a subject, the more believable you are.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
New Zealand Newspaper Apologizes After 'Insensitive' Cartoon About Deadly Measles Epidemic In Samoa Is Met With Backlash
"The fewer qualifications you have on a subject, the more believable you are. "

The boon of highly over-paid executives world wide.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(12-07-2019, 04:35 AM)grayman Wrote:  New Zealand Newspaper Apologizes After 'Insensitive' Cartoon About Deadly Measles Epidemic In Samoa Is Met With Backlash

Backlash doesn't begin to describe it - the reaction is more akin to Charlie Hebdo and Salman Rushdie's love child. I suspect the cartoonist is in genuine fear of their life at this point in history.

I see nothing wrong with it myself - yes the epidemic is horrific and sad for the Samoans, but they fucking caused it with their own wilful ignorance. Samoa has been an anti-vax paradise, and they're paying the price.

And poverty, remoteness or any other excuse is proven complete bullshit when you know that Tonga has a 99% vaccination rate, and their socio-economic status and position on the planet is identical to Samoa.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Self-styled California 'refugees' moving to Idaho to avoid vaccinating their kids

Quote:Another public comment came from Lou Munilla, who said he has a master's degree from Stanford but moved to Idaho "for the freedoms of this state." He told the audience he would defend his rights "with my life and my weapons."

"I don’t care about the herd," Munilla said, "I care about my family, about my children."

The reference to "the herd" is likely regarding herd immunity. In any given society, some members will not be able to be vaccinated, either because they are too young or because of other medical conditions. In order for those members to also be safe from communicable diseases, enough healthy members of society must be vaccinated.

Fuck me people are stupid.
"I don’t care about the herd," Munilla said, "I care about my family, about my children."

Uh, no you don't.

Yes mate, he's a complete fucking moron.
Woman Upsets Her Anti-Vax Relatives After Banning Them From Seeing Her Baby Until She's 6 Months Old

Quote:The spurned family members instantly made Redditor "Butdidyyoudie" feel guilty for imposing such a rule.

But the original poster insisted on keeping her unvaccinated family away to protect her child and is now askingAITA (Am I the A**hole).

"For a bit of background info my family is anti vax, and are very firm in this belief. I had to get vaccinated after I was an adult because of this."

"Now I'm 30 weeks pregnant with my first child, and my husband and I decided we don't want my unvaccinated family around our daughter until she has at least had her 6 month shots."

"I recently told everyone this and there has been some major guilt trips and articles messaged to me."

"My aunt believes that my daughter will be scared of everyone since she won't meet them until she's older ( I think this is bs)."
Kudos to the mum in question.

I certainly wouldn't be feeling guilty about it.