Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Daily Grind
They are up on the renewables, but hydro doesn't appear to figure into the energy base.

One needs significant snow fall to feed glaciers to feed melt water to feed rivers to feed hydro power after all. The ultimate renewal: All of it driven by the Sun.

All of it has been and always will be. Even those notable exceptions of 'Nuclear Power'. Those elements (U233, 235, 238, Pu 234) were born in the hearts of stars that went super nova a very long time ago before the Earth was even a dribble down Gawds leg from his fucking limp pecker.

And if we want to continue a technical civilization, we can hardly do anything else but desperately seek this power. Otherwise it collapses, and in that eventuality welcome the New Dark Ages. Where life is cheap and the devil take the hind most. Mostly children who haven't even been born yet and their mothers while trying to give birth to them will die. And then there's the dentition. Without Science and what it has given us in Dentition health, we'd all be dead right now, I dare say. No vaccines? Kiss another half of the Human Race good bye under those circumstances.

Fuck. Will no one ever get this? Will not enough people get this at the same time to make this work?
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(07-23-2019, 04:46 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Sounds like Bill Gate's house!

You need to open a branch in Oz, the big ticket issue is the price of electricity, there'd be a big market for that techy stuff as a tax write-off alone.  They're allowed 20 grand a year 'improvement' tax break pa  (sorry don't have the details)

No good for houses, but I'll take on Melbourne!

(07-23-2019, 08:36 AM)stanky Wrote:  Interesting.

I was under the impression that the hydro aspect of the energy chart was much larger in NZ.

That's all energy, including vehicles.

Of electricity generation, hydro & geothermal accounts for 75% of production. This chart is from 2014, and there's a fair bit of wind generation added in since then: https://segwaynz.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/renewables-now-79-of-nz-electricity-generation/
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(07-23-2019, 10:48 AM)sparks Wrote:  They are up on the renewables, but hydro doesn't appear to figure into the energy base.  

One needs significant snow fall to feed glaciers to feed melt water to feed rivers to feed hydro power after all.  The ultimate renewal:  All of it driven by the Sun.

All of it has been and always will be.  Even those notable exceptions of 'Nuclear Power'.  Those elements (U233, 235, 238, Pu 234) were born in the hearts of stars that went super nova a very long time ago before the Earth was even a dribble down Gawds leg from his fucking limp pecker.  

And if  we want to  continue a technical civilization, we can hardly do anything else but desperately seek this power.  Otherwise it collapses, and in that eventuality welcome the New Dark Ages.  Where life is cheap and the devil take the hind most.  Mostly children who haven't even been born yet and their mothers while trying to give birth to them will die.  And then there's the dentition.  Without Science and what it has given us in Dentition health, we'd all be dead right now, I dare say.  No vaccines?  Kiss another half of the Human Race good bye under those circumstances.

Fuck.  Will no one ever get this?  Will not enough people get this at the same time to make this work?
oops.

technology stole my words.

poof.

i suppose i could try again.

I think the gist of my lost post was this:

I'm really smart and good-looking.
And you aren't.

Pretty sure that's the gist of most communication.

Chimpanzees know what i'm saying.

Just as well the post was lost. It was just more run-of-the-mill stanky-ass rational thinking shit.

sparky, i totally get what is driven by the sun (fusion) and what is not.

I'm totally in favor of fusion power.

Drives me (and the peeps like me) nearly crazy that we can't hone in on the usage. Or the birth control.
Or the stupidity.

I hate the stupidity of our inevitable demise.
Not because I'm remotely smart...
more like "How the fuck can we be this stupid?"!