Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Daily Grind
Good stuff.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.

I like it hot and sticky - Di Wundrin
Judging from what I gleaned of what went on at the "Management Seminars", and how they all returned trying out their new 'tactics' on us, that's probably not far from the mark! [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes, it's surprisingly accurate. Light years ahead of their time, Python.

I can remember watching that one in the '70s.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
***Vent!!!***

Sitting and working away quietly on a couple of irrelevant things as I was waiting for a phone call.

The phone rings, but not the call I was after, and as it came through on the legal help line, I was hoping for something worth following up.

The bloke - predictably a fucking Pommy weasel - was working for a training company that provided him with a full-use company vehicle.

As part of their marketing plans, the company is painting all its vehicles. I've seen them, and they're just another company vehicle. Very respectable company.

This Pommy fuckwit's problem is that he doesn't want his vehicle painted and is determined to make a stand on the subject.

I told him in very blunt terms that he was being an entitled twat. His company is giving him a vehicle worth - in pre-tax income - $15-20k a year and he's crying about it! I followed up that he was welcome to take it on, but he'd get laughed out of court and ordered to pay costs, plus his own costs of five grand or so.

What a complete fucking tool. Welcome to the 21st century.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Jeebus Cheeeerist. If the company offers you a vehicle, pays for the maintenance and fuel and it looks like the Oscar Meyer weinermobile, you fucking take it! Only, in my case, it better be 4WD. Or snow tracks.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(09-04-2018, 06:38 PM)sparks Wrote:  Jeebus Cheeeerist.  If the company offers you a vehicle, pays for the maintenance and fuel and it looks like the Oscar Meyer weinermobile, you fucking take it!  Only, in my case, it better be 4WD.  Or snow tracks.

You reminded me of reading this in the paper (remember those?) years ago:

This Dave Barry column was originally published April 3, 1994
I like it hot and sticky - Di Wundrin