Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Daily Grind
Holy shit - here's one for you:

Last week, my number one woman utterly destroyed a woman who was taking one of our customers on at the employment court.

Tonight, I hear that the company had four of its trucks set fire to last night: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11864739

Clearly a deliberate arson... coincidence?
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Over here when "struggling businesses" burn down it's referred to as "Hughie's stocktake"

Hughie being what they used to call God in the bush, but it must have caught on in the city as the bloke who told me was the next door neighbour in Sydney, he was in the transport game.

I wonder if any farmers left who still look at the sky and yells "Send 'er down Hughie" when there's a drought on?
I had a good chuckle to myself today.

We had a job on that I dare not give to anyone else - dangerous, covered in rocks, 3 feet high and steep as fuck. If I break a leg, my insurance premiums don't increase, but if a worker does, I get hit for an extra couple of grand a year, so off I go to tackle this piece of shit.

By the end, I'm utterly drenched in sweat and covered in plant matter about 1/2 an inch thick all over.

The phone rings.

It's a lawyer I've been waiting all week to talk to to solve an employment case involving a pharmacist and about $20k worth of settlement.

I'd bet my life that the picture he had of me was absolutely nothing like the reality.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
11th day straight working today.

Why do people become self-employed?
I did it to fire all my bosses.
Transmitter site issues the past 2 days, have to go up the mountain again tomorrow. I love it: Get's me out of the fucking office!
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but the attempt is rarely appreciated.