Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 ??
Them things what you looks out of where there's a hole in the wall. (a hole what's supposed to be there!) You may know 'em as "winders".
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Thanks for the edumacation.
Win7 has only been out for 6 years or so, yes? I'll get worried when MS says that they aren't going to support it anymore. (Win7 Ultimate x64 user myself and never a problem since 2010).

Now then: If you're a 7 user (any version) and you like it, why change even if it is free? Let some other shmuck do the beta testing fer chrissakes. Once 10 has been out for a year, then we'll be able to make a more informed decision.

As an aside, just read today that if one doesn't turn off file and print sharing in 10, then somehow it becomes possible that your machine will become a file server for updates and if that happens, your data usage could go through the roof, resulting in a very special surprise on your next bill from your ISP.

Like I said, let someone else beta test this thing. You don't need the headaches.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
I 'reserved' a copy but also reserved the caution not to download it. No rush right?
Thanks fellas, not that I'm any less confused about how it works but I'm less stressed over the need to do it right now.
Bill Gates needs more money. Give it up.
That's the worry, a freebie from Bill Gates is more than I can get my head around. There has to be a catch.
There is. They've sucked for all of the 21st century and are desperate to get some goodwill back.

Meanwhile, one of my kids downloaded a nice Trojan onto Mrs A's PC last night, so W10 is the least of my concerns.

As soon as his broken fingers heal he has some work to do.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(08-20-2015, 09:17 PM)sparks Wrote:  Let some other shmuck do the beta testing fer chrissakes.  Once 10 has been out for a year, then we'll be able to make a more informed decision.

It was out in beta testing for around 10 months before it was released, and I'm sure there was alpha testing prior to that, so it's pretty well ironed out at this point.
There's no big catch to it.

Microsoft have never made their money from individual purchasers. They predominantly make their money from businesses. Having individuals using the same systems means better alignment between home and work (and now, their phones and tablets), which encourages workplaces to stick with Windows rather than switch to Linux or Crapple systems.

It's the same reason they provide student copies at heavily discounted rates.
I'm still too wussy to install it.  It's downloaded but then  I got nervous.  

I need to back up and clear a lot of stuff first, that excuse will have to do for now. Blush