Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water or Chelsea Clinton?
I love the juxtaposition of people dying of thirst as others pay ninety five grand to have lunch with a chick who is best known for having a famous mum & dad.

[Image: Capture_zpszccrwksg.jpg]

Who needs water when you can have Chelsea?
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
What a goddamned world we have made. Jesus screaming into the blackness christ.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Laugh or die, mate.

There aren't any other options...
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
If you look ahead several hundred years, you'll find no options. I'll be dead by then but it still pisses me off greatly.

We were so damned close.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(07-03-2015, 07:01 PM)sparks Wrote:  If you look ahead several hundred years, you'll find no options.  I'll be dead by then but it still pisses me off greatly.

We were so damned close.

It's all about society, which makes me wonder if that isn't a consequence of sentience, in which case that's why we've never seen ET - intelligence is a dead end.
You guys are missing the point.

They couldn't afford Hillary.

(I know that sounds like a snide joke, and I wish it was.)

GWB, our ex-prez, gave 200 speeches, post presidency, at $100,000 to $200,000 a pop.

I can't do that sort of math, but it sounds like a chunk of change.

Chelsea was the 1/2 price deal.

I would give a speech for $5.99 plus tax. unless it was longer than an hour.
But I'm not famous.

$4.99??
$4.99, bring your own lunch and you get the gig, I'd bet you'd be more fun than Chelsea.

It's not that they make such obscene attendance fees that burrs me up, it's that they are hailed as being 'charitable' for it. They probably also claim their travel and accommodation costs as tax breaks or something.
Do you reckon they pay for travel and accommodation?

Why would you when y'all kin be "ambassadors" for various multi billion corporations that own airlines and 5* hotels?
"Nobody should pin their hopes on a miracle": Vladimir Putin
Good point. [Image: happy-053.gif]
Bernie Sanders was asked how he felt about all the money the Clintons get for speeches. Bernie is quite clever, and refuses to get into bad-mouthing his opponents. His answer was along the lines of " The issue isn't how much money they get for a speech...it's why anyone is paying for it."