Seeking fame through controversy
Suitable for cannon-fodder
Factually incorrect
All of the above
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluoridation
Please, Sir Isaac! I beg of thee to keep future threads on a comedic bearing. I am not a humorless pedantic.
Yes, glad that this has enabled discussion. Keep in mind the low cost of fluoridation should be weighed against the cost of disposal.
Anything above break-even makes sense.
Better if one pretends to help kids in the process.

meanwhile, there are obvious culprits in tooth decay; the modern diet; the gooey crap; the diabetes swill heap of obesity.
Enter this novel chemical; stannous fluoride, for lack of better word...
It serves as a band-aid for one aspect of human health decline, and allows us time to dodge the elephant in the room.

Our teeth shouldn't rot.
Our knees are supposed to go first.

Rotting teeth were introduced into modern culture, via some bad choices in food sources.
Hence, is it possible that fluorides are an enabler for the poor choices that bring us obesity, heart disease; diabetes, etc?

I weigh 600 lbs, but look at my teeth!
Great link Sparks. That movie was decades ahead of it's time. Just keeps getting more relevant. Sadly.

This old comment below the clip 'nails' it. LOL
I can never resist a good CT. Bwaahahaha.

Steve Benesko
2 years ago

Pfft!!! Everybody knows that the water fluoridation conspiracy was made up by the bottled water industry to sell you stuff you can get for free.

Stanky: This one!
"Rotting teeth were introduced into modern culture, via some bad choices in food sources.
Hence, is it possible that fluorides are an enabler for the poor choices that bring us obesity, heart disease; diabetes, etc?

You do realise that your thinking is getting as convoluted as mine? I'll spend hours pondering that one. Good point.

Isaac: That question about the dogs' dental condition is a good one. Considering all the special doggy goodness nutritional values placed on their ever more expensive food these days their teeth should outlast them by a decade! They eat far more sensibly than we do.
A good research control for the food v flluoride question perhaps?

Thanks for approaching this so evenly, it's usually a precursor to someone's agenda, one way or the other. Apologies for my first smart arse post, I get like that sometimes, most are used to me by now and ignore me. Blush

Hey, stanky.

What I was asking was for you to expand on the theory of convenient and profitable disposal of a byproduct/waste.
Specifically fluoride.
I'm aware of cases involving a handful of now common household items, but this thread is about fluoride.

Sir Isaac mentioned it as used in aluminium production. I wonder if this development came before or after the decision to put it in the water.

What process is the fluoride a byproduct of?

And let me delight in being a stinker about this, but stanky, it's fluoridation, not fluorination, or even flourination, which is simply bad spelling rather than a confusion of flour and salt.

:-)
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Yeah, my spelling is atrocious. Sorry about that.
(09-26-2014, 08:01 PM)Shiner Wrote:  Hey, stanky.

What I was asking was for you to expand on the theory of convenient and profitable disposal of a byproduct/waste.
Specifically fluoride.
I'm aware of cases involving a handful of now common household items, but this thread is about fluoride.

Sir Isaac mentioned it as used in aluminium production. I wonder if this development came before or after the decision to put it in the water.

What process is the fluoride a byproduct of?

I'll do some digging and get back to you.