Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euthanasia
I'd love to find an argument against it.

There is the religious "It makes baby Jesus/Vishnu/Allah/Thor cry.

There is the fuckwit "Slippery slope; we'll be killing grandmas all over the place."

Neither of those are legitimate arguments against euthanasia, and the cruelty that people are prepared to cause other people disgusts me. This ought to be a basic human right, as it is in Europe.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
A wry twist on the subject.

It made the news tonight that OZ's very own, struck off,  "Doctor  Death" Phil Nitschke saved the life of a terminally ill man on a plane.

You couldn't make that up could you?

Quote:‘Dr Death’ aka Dr Phillip Nitschke saves the life of terminally-ill man on LA-Sydney Qantas flight
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/dr-death-aka-dr-phillip-nitschke-saves-the-life-of-terminally-ill-man-on-la-sydney-qantas-flight/story-fni0fiyv-1227389963882
But who will save the helium?

You know it's in short supply. It may even go extinct.
Nitrogen works fine.

Actually, I've been having some thoughts about it and N2O might be the answer. It will work just as well, and you get utterly shit-faced for a couple of minutes while the brain shuts down.

Yeah, I saw that, Di!

Irony in buckets.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(06-09-2015, 12:20 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  Nitrogen  works fine.

Actually, I've been having some thoughts about it and N2O might be the answer. It will work just as well, and you get utterly shit-faced for a couple of minutes while the brain shuts down.

Yeah, I saw that, Di!

Irony in buckets.

Yeah, I like that too, as per nitrous oxide. Yet, it's not a cake-walk to obtain.

I have to wonder:

Wouldn't an opiate overdose be about as nice as you could hope for? Just take the meds, and sit back, like an ex-rock star.

Of course, that route also has difficulties, by way of obtaining the goods.

Hospice more or less sanctions that avenue, without quite admitting it.

btw, have any of you civilized folks tuned into the U.S.s problem with executions?

Evidently, it's a huge hassle, getting the right drugs.

Fuck, they should ask Vinnie.

Vinnie could get them the right drugs.

If Vinnie could give the killer a fatal shot of smack, illegally, and Vinnie also happened to be on death row himself, that could solve a lot of the ethical and legal ramifications of our difficulty with killing people that got the death penalty.

Truly, one of the weirdest technological problems facing the home of the brave; land of the free.
Irony in buckets.

We don't know how to kill, humanely.

This is irony squared to me.
(06-10-2015, 12:27 PM)stanky Wrote:  Yeah, I like that too, as per nitrous oxide. Yet, it's not a cake-walk to obtain.

You can buy it as a party drug here and in UK.

(06-10-2015, 12:27 PM)stanky Wrote:  I have to wonder:

Wouldn't an opiate overdose be about as nice as you could hope for? Just take the meds, and sit back, like an ex-rock star.

Of course, that route also has difficulties, by way of obtaining the goods.

Hospice more or less sanctions that avenue, without quite admitting it.

Agree. Morphine is a very cool hit, and an overdose works wonders.

There were many times when nursing my old man as he died, sitting next to 250 ml of morphine, I just wanted to plead with him to just drink the damned bottle.

Only because I knew it would have pissed him off - and he wouldn't have done it anyway - stopped me saying it.

Dumb cunt.

(06-10-2015, 12:27 PM)stanky Wrote:  btw, have any of you civilized folks tuned into the U.S.s problem with executions?

Evidently, it's a huge hassle, getting the right drugs.

Fuck, they should ask Vinnie.

Vinnie could get them the right drugs.

If Vinnie could give the killer a fatal shot of smack, illegally, and Vinnie also happened to be on death row himself, that could solve a lot of the ethical and legal ramifications of our difficulty with killing people that got the death penalty.

Truly, one of the weirdest technological problems facing the home of the brave; land of the free.

I love it, though.

It's such a fucking superb counterpoint to the euthanasia debate - on one side, people dying in agony, and on the other, people not dying because it might hurt.

Priceless.
yeah.

And we just almost let a guy out of prison, a darkie, of course, that has spent 40 plus years in solitary confinement.

Talk about 'cruel and unusual'.

When morality rears its ugly head, some serious cruelty is not far behind.
Yeah, I've been reading about that - and the kids locked in Rikers to be raped and beaten for being guilty of being young & black.

Excellent judicial system in your country; I'm just so glad we're copying it here. Private prisons, corrupt cops...

I just wish someone would tell these idiot politicians that A Clockwork Orange is satire, not a fucking political manifesto!
Quote:I love it, though.

It's such a fucking superb counterpoint to the euthanasia debate - on one side, people dying in agony, and on the other, people not dying because it might hurt.

Priceless.

But but but ... that 'humane exit strategy', well,  that's the kinda thing makes Merka so luvvable. 
Their total ignorance of the massive irony of stuff like this is what we find so endearing about 'em.   

It's like when little kids pull the wings off flies so they won't have to carry the extra weight of the wings.  How can you hate 'em for just stuffing up a good intention?

Unlike little kids though, the US doesn't seem to be getting any smarter with age.  Nothing personal, it's not the cits pulling wings off, they see the problem, it's just that their political system throws up only leaders with no lateral thinking abilities. 

Then again, the cits are electing these fleas ....    now we could get into our own brand of fleas running things down here,  but the lack of guns and death penalty would prevent it getting interesting.  We doing our best to catch up with the authoritarian weirdness but without all the guns and executions we're a little handicapped.