Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Artyfarty Crafty Thread
Here's a couple of experimental pendants I've made.  Still have a few 'uncooked' ones I forgot to photograph. Later if anyone's still awake.

These are some of the crappier Paua pieces as I didn't want to risk the better ones in the oven until I was sure if the clay combination with it would work.  It does. [Image: lol-029.png]
As usual,  the true colours and irridescence doesn't photograph well with the piss poor camera I use.
The dark ones are actually a metallic blue/green sheen colour but...  [Image: sorry.gif]

"Organic" looking enough for the Divine Soul type customers dya think?

[Image: Mine%201_zpsylxwix4p.jpg] [Image: Mine%202_zpsg70om8yk.jpg] [Image: Mine%203_zpshpqnnxri.jpg]

[Image: Mine%204_zpsgvbk7myv.jpg] [Image: Mine%205_zpscppqsgrv.jpg]
Wow, they are cool!

You've done the same as everyone else, but in a completely different way and it looks excellent.

Shit woman, why are you fecking around here? You could be selling truckloads of them.

Let me know if you want to set up a site to sell them on. Piece of cake, I assure you!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
That offer is very sincerely appreciated TA. I haven't the slightest clue how to go about it and don't want to sell on eBay due to being stretched enough just to figure out how buying works let alone get into the selling side. Don't do facebook either so my marketing scope is limited.

When I get a few stockpiled I'll be holding you to that. Thanks, and many of them.
cool stuff, hon!

Good to know that T.A. is a patron of the crafts.
Stankvegas is a veritable pit of pre-launch craft experiments.
Watch this space!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I've a friend who's into crystals and healing energies and such. She would love these items.
That's reassuring to hear thanks Grayman they're my new favourite market .  I used to make stuff to suit the rural folks.  They were into  booze, (pubs and wineries abounded there) boot scootin,' rodeos, and football.  Not much 'art' required catering for that. [Image: happy-053.gif]
Sold some more this morning, I put an ad up on the mail box notice board and finally someone read it and turned up.

An old dear from the next block bought 3 and is "going to tell her neighbours about these" ... oooohh gooody.

I'm enjoying learning how personal preferences work.  Hard to pick the market, the neighbour above bought 2 from me yesterday and they were ones I'd made to appeal to the "teenage" demographic.  She's 83.
The cuz's granddaughters 12 and 14 chose almost identical ones the day before that.  Beats me.[Image: sorry.gif]

The lady this morning also bought a 'teenagy' one....  for her 90 year old sister!
And best of all she went batshit over the very pendant that everyone else had curled the lip at. 
An experimental pinky toned Paua, clay, and a big black glass bead conglomeration which looks a bit like a dozing dragon eye.  Even I didn't like it, but she thinks it's bewdiful so it's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it?
I gave her a 2 buck discount just out of gratitude for selling it at all. [Image: happy-053.gif]
Great stuff! It shows the diversity of taste alright.
Glad I scored a few pieces before she goes huge.