Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok guys... (and Di, if she's reading)
We seem to have lost Master Sparkington, and Di is now an infrequent flyer.

It seems to me it's a bit pointless having an entire forum for four of us. It doesn't cost much, but it does have costs and I think we could get by with a blog page or facebook group.

What say you?
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Seems inevitable.
I can't do face book. I will miss you.

Me thinks we mostly have each other's email address and can occasionally stay in touch.

Maybe I'll finally write that short story...
The shortest short story ever.

"They loved; they lost; they died."
I just told Mary that the site is likely going down.
Of course it made her nervous. Like, maybe I'd talk to her instead.
Women don't like men that talk. They like men that listen. Both of them.

Then she asked about the zillion lurkers...how will they get their fix?

TA, is there no way to lurk some lurkers in? Stay alive? I'm happy to donate, if that's an issue.

But i also understand.
I'm just slightly sad, being as this site is the only one that will have me.
And that's dicey.

Thank you for your service, TA.
(03-30-2022, 09:32 AM)stanky Wrote:  Of course it made her nervous. Like, maybe I'd talk to her instead.

I can see why that would be a problem.

(03-30-2022, 09:32 AM)stanky Wrote:  Then she asked about the zillion lurkers...how will they get their fix?

TA, is there no way to lurk some lurkers in? Stay alive?

Not that I can find. I've tried all ways to get people to join, but it's not happening.

It's not going anywhere yet - the domain name is paid for until September, I think.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Will you give us a 2 week notice?
More.

I want to see what G & Prez have to say as well - I think we ought to be able to agree on what to do.

You're a vote in favour of keep. I'm either/neither, and if someone else wants to pay the domain then I have no incentive to chop it.

It just feels a bit clunky for the few of us. Maybe I'll just re-design it so we have 3 or 4 threads and that's all we need.
I'm not a vote either way, mate.
It's just a tad sad to consider the death of this strange experiment.
For me, it would be like a local pub where I hang out with a few close friends closing.

If it happens, Prez should start a travel blog. Pretty sure stanky agrees that we'd like to keep up with his and FL's adventures.
Village idiots have gone global.
Oh man, I always hated bar time. 
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
Ok, if the three of you are happy to keep the bar going I'll lay in some single malt.

As you were.