Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is unspeakable??
It's quite the divisive issue, eh?

On the one hand, you gotta love the biker's sense of freedom at the Sturgis rally.
Otoh, you gotta love dumb fucks dying.
Shit TA, our like minded assessment shows that pragmatic thinking transcends politics eh?

Spaaaarrrky, baby, you've missed at least half of the points so I'll just ignore your judgement.

One bit I'll correct though as it actually IS the point of lock downs or not here and in the US.  It's ideologically and politically driven and has close to bugger all connection with actual scientific health evidence.

Quote:Sparks wrote:  That kind of shit is happening here right now because the hospitals and clinics are overwhelmed with idiots who didn't get vaccinated and refuse to wear masks and are foolish enough to go out and spread the thing around as though it really didn't exist.

It may well be happening in the US, but it is NOT the reason that people have been refused treatment in hospitals in Queensland.  There were ZERO Covid cases in the hospitals.    ZERO.

People were refused because they lived in NSW, and the bitch running Queensland decided to close the border because she was standing for re-election and was demonstrating to Queenslanders how good an Earth mother she was by "keeping them safe" from those diseased people who lived across the border.

That border actually runs through neighbourhoods so the people over the road suddenly become banned from crossing it to visit the neighbour opposite! 

A woman living in just south of the border had twins, newborn in dire need of urgent hospitalisation in the nearby town.  She was refused access and forced to drive some hours to a NSW hospital resulting in one of the twins dying in transit.

The press interview with the 'earth mother' Queensland Premier drew the comment from her that "Queensland hospitals are for Queenslanders, NSW people have their own hospitals."   Not a shred of compassion, not an ounce of contrition for causing the death of that baby by insisting that her border not be crossed nor exemption given.
What an utter sociopathic bitch!
Did she get re-elected??  Yes she did.  She's Labor and it seems that as Covid has become politically weaponized the Left are obsessed with their own protection and have very short term vision.  There seems to be a form of Stockholm Syndrome that is connected with their views.
But then, to be fair, a couple of the lockdown Premiers in OZ are Conservative Premiers so maybe it's just that people with power allow it to tempt them into imposing it for the simple reason that they can.
Oh, and Sparky, that jab about me inflicting reckless endangerment by venturing beyond my front porch like friggin Typhoid Mary or something   ... are you fucking kidding??  I hope so mate because otherwise you are just being ridiculously dense!    Did you miss the bit about there being NO COVID within hundreds of kilometers??
Did you read TA's post?  The Kiwis are locked down on the South Island with NO COVID cases on the entire island.
It's an island!  No covid.  Locked down tight.     ferchrissakes WHY??
How happy would you be to be confined to your trailer under strict rules that you can't be outside other than to get food, and under curfew if the nearest covid afflicted person was hundreds of miles away and forbidden to leave it or drive more than 10 miles from home. (less that that here.)
Happy az with that??   Ecstatic that you were being "kept safe" from that arsehole sneezing in Chicago??
This is not America, the situation is different and your assessment is flawed.
(08-26-2021, 06:21 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Shit TA, our like minded assessment shows that pragmatic thinking transcends politics eh?

Like I keep telling you, I go where the evidence points, not politicians.

(08-26-2021, 06:21 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  One bit I'll correct though as it actually IS the point of lock downs or not here and in the US.  It's ideologically and politically driven and has close to bugger all connection with actual scientific health evidence.

I have to disagree with that, and the scientific evidence has been borne out by the lockdowns themselves. Every country that had a surge curbed the surge with lockdowns, and the science is simple - people have far fewer places to contract the disease.

It's also correct that without them, hospitals would have been crushed. You'll see the result of that soon in NSW.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Okay, time for the elephant.

This is really what has rendered everyone speechless right??

https://twitter.com/JohnnyMercerUK/status/1430963234845118469
Darlin' Di wrote:

"Spaaaarrrky, baby, you've missed at least half of the points so I'll just ignore your judgement.

One bit I'll correct though as it actually IS the point of lock downs or not here and in the US. It's ideologically and politically driven and has close to bugger all connection with actual scientific health evidence. "

That is complete bullshit. But do carry on.

Tomboy? Aren't you glad you landed here at this morass of fecal thinking? Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
No Sparky, sorry matey but not bullshit. Have another close look around when you sober up.
Where is Tomboy?

If you're lurking, I'm not a fecal thinker.
I'm more feral than fecal.
We all are.
(08-27-2021, 08:34 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  No Sparky, sorry matey but not bullshit.  Have another close look around when you sober up.

Angry  When you get a clue, you let us all know, OK?
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
As the token house daddy here, I must say that it hurts me when there is bickering and contention.
Otoh, I thrive on it.

Just a few minutes ago, we were visited by the family up the hill from us.
We are very different, on political levels.
Nevertheless, we are all fond of each other. We can have laughs.
Our differences are minor; over ruled by being neighbors.
We have had each other's backs for 30 years.

All the rednecks around here know that I'm a pathetic bambi.
They don't seem to mind at all. I'm a good neighbor. That's what matters.
Perhaps this is only a 'thing' in rural Appalachia?

I hope not.
(08-27-2021, 11:11 AM)sparks Wrote:  
(08-27-2021, 08:34 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  No Sparky, sorry matey but not bullshit.  Have another close look around when you sober up.

Angry  When you get a clue, you let us all know, OK?

You're clueless is better than my clueless?   That the best you can do Sparky?  bwaahahahaha.

Quote:Stanky

...They don't seem to mind at all. I'm a good neighbor. That's what matters.

Perhaps this is only a 'thing' in rural Appalachia?

Nope, same down here, it's people like Sparks who seem to think that "them" have two heads or something.

Don't worry about the fights, I just do it for a hobby, no damage really intended or suffered. I just hate when "group think" takes over and people fall over themselves to gang up on somebody without explaining the details of what they find "offensive"    I've laid out plenty of bait to fill in our time.   Take your pick.

Still luv yas, I don't bother posting at all when I'm really pissed off with the people.