Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pandemic Thread
Quite interesting - I suspect I might have a breakthrough Covid infection. I certainly have something, and it has every hallmark of a very mild Covid infection, which is what I'd expect with two shots, the second in August, so fairly high protection.

I'm going to go and get tested tomorrow, because there's no urgency - I really do mean mild, and as cases turn nasty after several days if they're going to, and I've had it for 8 days now, I'm pretty confident what I've got is all there is. The only reason I even noticed it was because it's like very mild hayfever, but with some non-hayfever symptoms.

I haven't got tested to date, because up until today, if you tested positive, you and your family got moved to a quarantine hotel, and they cans hove that up their arse sideways.

I'm hoping it is Covid, for two reasons:

If this is a post-vaccination infection, it's way less than an ordinary cold.

Getting an infection post-vaccine guarantees no reinfection for a considerable period of time, possibly permanently. It means the antibodies have been produced artificially and in response to the actual virus, so the T-cells should be able to deal with it anytime.

I'll keep you posted!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I would have guessed you live in a place least likely to get infected.
There's a county in Kentucky (MacCreary) that is presently the hottest hot spot in the U.S.
I kind of want to get it; get it over with. It seems inevitable.

Anyway, I hope you sail through it.

(If it kills you, please let us know.)
Take care of yourself TA....

And have a Scotch! :-)
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Thoughts and prayers.

Wink
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there..."
(10-21-2021, 09:12 PM)stanky Wrote:  I would have guessed you live in a place least likely to get infected.

It's rampant here at the moment, and is spreading like crazy among young Maori.

Which wouldn't affect me at all, except my sons spends all his time hanging out with young Maori.

(10-21-2021, 09:12 PM)stanky Wrote:  There's a county in Kentucky (MacCreary) that is presently the hottest hot spot in the U.S.
I kind of want to get it; get it over with. It seems inevitable.

That's exactly how I see it - better to get it early rather than be late....

(10-21-2021, 09:12 PM)stanky Wrote:  (If it kills you, please let us know.)

For sure!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Surely, as the decent human being you are, you will be quarantining yourself within your family.
Extrapolating on this, you will be going with out sex, for 2 weeks.
I expect you to be extra testy during this time.
I will take this into consideration.
(10-22-2021, 05:16 PM)stanky Wrote:  Surely, as the decent human being you are, you will be quarantining yourself within your family.

I went to the testing station, and with the outbreak going exponential in Auckland the wait was 2 hours, so I flagged it. If I have it, I have it, if I don't, I don't.

I won't be quarantining - I'm not coughing and I do wear a very high-quality mask and stay away from other people, so the chances of me catching it are zero. As for the family, it's too late and they're all vaccinated, so no celibacy for me!
Your wife has hired me as an attorney.
I didn't want to tell you.
Her poontang is worn raw. She wants a break.

Much love, mate.

(stanky)
Jesus stank. Really?

Fuck.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(10-22-2021, 07:06 PM)stanky Wrote:  She wants a break.

Easy. Just hire me a hooker or three and I'll be fine.