Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pandemic Thread
I want that on a t-shirt.

I'm sure I can print that onto a transfer and do it myself.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(10-02-2021, 06:09 PM)sparks Wrote:  Perfectly normal stank.  I care deeply myself.  But I also realize that there's no way in hell I can make a difference.

We live with it.

Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
There's a bit of mirth down here when we learned the Yanks are putting on protests to "Save Australia!"   wtf?
https://twitter.com/hashtag/SaveAustralia?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Apparently they're going to save New Xiland too as a few were waving their flag and chanting Save Australia Huh

Rent a crowd by the look of them but we dunno whether to laugh, tell em thanks anyway but we don't require 'liberation' American style, or just send them an Atlas and explain that we have states with ratbag political leaders just like they do.
I wonder how many would have protested if they realised that they were complaining about a far LEFT wing state??
They probably think the Feds run Victoria.

The comment from the Twits show a lot of them a bit hazy on what it's all about.  One of them is blaming the NSW  Premier who replaced Gladys . He'd been in office  for one day! In a different state than the one  where the "police brutality" is happening.  (Turns out some of the cops who got up close and personal in Melbourne are in hospital with Covid now.)
Probably not the minority of them that deserve it though.

The 'action' isn't anti-vaxxers, not all that big a movement here, they're just ignored. What it's anti is the coercion aspect of sacking people who haven't been vaxxed.  It's union, not anti-vaxxer inspired and for once I agree with them in at least some of it.  It stands to reason you'd want health care workers vaxxed, but forcing construction workers to be vaxed seems a tad too far to me.  Why?  They're one of the occupations least in close contact with the public in their line of work.  Why is a Labor government sacking unionists?

Now the teachers are playing up about it, but they've also slipped a demand for a pay rise as the price of all getting vaxed.  The Transport Workers Union is going to pull on a strike for higher pay too.  "Never waste a crisis".
Even the Police union is now getting up Dan over it as some of the cops are refusing to say whether they're vaxed or not 'on principle'.  Dan's position is getting a little wobbly except with the dickhead limousine lefties down there.

Don't worry about coming down to free us, we're okay. Those poor Victorians living under the boot of Dan's fascist regime have just returned a polling result showing they'd vote for him again tomorrow if they had to.  I think they're into S&M down there or something.  
 They're grateful to him for "keeping them safe."  except that the case numbers and deaths are still going up and up higher and faster than ever with no sign of levelling off let alone dropping. While the lockdown rules are getting harsher and harsher.   What does that tell you about Victorians and 'freedom'??

Meanwhile, NSW which had far fewer restrictions is opening up on Monday.  We're still getting a few hundred cases per day, down on 1500 per day a few weeks ago.   Our score is steadily falling, but it'll go through the roof again next week for a while I suppose.  We know that.

That seems to be okay with the vast majority in NSW.  No protests about opening up at all!  We're raring to go for it and to hell with the casualty rate.  We're close to 80% double vaxed.  We've done well, but lockbdowns are no longer the best or even safest option, Vic proves that,  so we're going back into the jungle. ...and the beach, and the pubs, and golf and hairdressers like normal societies.

They're even allowing family members to visit elderly relatives some of whom haven't seen their own families except through a window for 18 months!  

We've had what has to be close to the lowest death rate in the world under 2,000 deaths out of 25 million we've done well,  time to come out of hiding.

We've had a Karma moment to encourage us.  After fining people 5,000 bucks for being out without a mask the Grand Ogre himself, Dan Andrews was filmed walking through the car park and into the building where he was fronting a press conference...without a mask!   yeeehaaa Dan, what a wanker.  Fine yaself! bwaahahaha.

Anyway, thanks for the kind offer America, but, it's just politics and no, the army isn't controlling anything, just the cops.
(10-08-2021, 09:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I wonder how many would have protested if they realised that they were complaining about a far LEFT wing state??

All of the ones I've seen - they've decided Dan is actually Xi in disguise, thanks to the construction protests.

I tried explaining to a few that the whole thing was being orchestrated by actual Nazis, but that was a bit far above them.

(10-08-2021, 09:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  It stands to reason you'd want health care workers vaxxed, but forcing construction workers to be vaxed seems a tad too far to me.  Why?  They're one of the occupations least in close contact with the public in their line of work.  Why is a Labor government sacking unionists?

Playing right into Setka's hands. He's more cunning than a shithouse rat and only changed his mind on vaccinations when he saw political mileage in it. Playing the anti-Nazi suits him right down to the ground.

(10-08-2021, 09:07 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:   They're grateful to him for "keeping them safe."  except that the case numbers and deaths are still going up and up higher and faster than ever with no sign of levelling off let alone dropping. While the lockdown rules are getting harsher and harsher.   What does that tell you about Victorians and 'freedom'??

Meanwhile, NSW which had far fewer restrictions is opening up on Monday.  We're still getting a few hundred cases per day, down on 1500 per day a few weeks ago.   Our score is steadily falling, but it'll go through the roof again next week for a while I suppose.  We know that.

I don't think it will. The difference between Vic & NSW is amazing, and somewhat inexplicable. I'm leaning towards more vitamin D in NSW, but I doubt it's the entire story.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Funny. We've not heard about this bullshit up here. But then again, I don't have cable-crap news. Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Up here, one must dig deeply to extract a shred of truth.
Even then, it helps to have a healthy degree of skepticism.
What breed of Nazi are you referring to TA? that's a load of crap, unless you concede that both Dan and Setka are different forms of the same breed??

Dan owns the Gestapo in Victoria, so who's the fucking Nazi then??? You sure have some odd views over there.

Or don't you think the Left can go Nazi?? believe me, they can. And don't fall for Shorten's bullshit about there being "man baby nazis" in the mix, (strange term from Bill, wonder where he heard that? Setka?) he is wholely and solely "owned" by the CFMEU, he was covering up for their own union members being the protesters! Bill and Setka are closer than Albo and CFMEU, obviously. Bill wants his job back and there some some serious factional friction involved on who is calling who a 'nazi'.
Bill and Setka are a pretty toxic potion so I'd be very suss about believing their assertions that we should "look over there! it's the nazis".
Joe Public thinks they're all bloody wankers so other than the media I don't know who exactly they're playing that line to.

How do you see 'nazis' being involved in union members resenting their union boss agreeing to Dan standing them down without pay for 2 weeks so Dan can make a grandstanding anouncement about how hard he's trying to 'keep them all safe".??? fucked if I can see any mileage for nazis in it. Bit of kidding yourselves going on I think.

No idea either why NSW and Vic are sooooo different in attitude and results, but there's always been a cold war on between the 2 states since before Oz became a nation.

Vic used to be ultra Conservative now it's far Left.
NSW was Labor's love nest for decades, now it's become centre/middling/moderate Right.
We are Yin and Yang it seems, forever changing orientation but never blending.
How many breeds of Nazis are there?
That depends on your own orientation really. It seems anybody with a different view on how things be run is a nazi now.

At least it's easier to spell than fascist I suppose.
(10-08-2021, 08:29 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  What breed of Nazi are you referring to TA?   that's a load of crap, unless you concede that both Dan and Setka are different forms of the same breed??  

No, Setka is an actual Nazi - a Serbian one. He's linked to the ultra-right Serbs who were involved in the genocide during the '90s.

(10-08-2021, 08:29 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  How do you see 'nazis' being involved in union members resenting their union boss agreeing to Dan standing them down without pay for 2 weeks  so Dan can make a grandstanding anouncement about how hard he's trying to 'keep them all safe".???   fucked if I can see any mileage for nazis in it.    Bit of kidding yourselves going on I think.

I couldn't tell you what his end game is, but you can bet there's one there. Divide and conquer is what it looks like, but I think Setka's actually more cunning than that.