Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darth Vader's dead again!
I stand corrected.

When I get some spare time, I will see if I can find the series.
"The moose defies domestication."
~ stanky
Di said: I'm pretty sure I'd have some memory of that plot line...

It's available on disc (Amazon). And note the original release date of '58-'59 Di.

Nigel Kneale was a helluva Sci-Fi writer but didn't like being referred to as one! Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
The very first TV transmission in OZ was in September 1956.  One channel.  Then we had another 2 by November.  And it stayed that way for years.   There was just no room for much content, nor was there much profit in those type of shows for the 2 commercial channels, they played cheap American garbage comedies and Westerns, and the Public broadcaster, ABC played cheap UK comedies and docos.   And they only broadcast about 12 to 16 hours a day.  They closed down before midnight.  
We were way behind America and Europe.  We also didn't get series for a year after they'd played in their countries of origin.  Mostly we didn't even get movies in the cinemas in the same year they were released either.

To this day the channels make a big song and dance about advertising "playing just hours after being shown in the USA!!"   wow, catching up at last.

I remember when the kids all laughed at some movie where the characters were watching TV and the ads came on.
We thought that was the silliest thing we'd ever seen.   There was no TV at all here but we were certain that ads bullshit would never happen here!    siiiiiiiigh.

By the time we had the range of channels capable of broadcoasting some variety of shows, that series would have been deemed too 'old' to air.