Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racism vs generic hate:
Imagine this scenario in America:

Suddenly, all the darkies die. It's a cracker paradise.

In my humble assessment of human nature and evolution, it would take roughly 10 minutes for a new divide...an new avenue to express one's hateful sentiments.

History has demonstrated, too many times, that we can come up with reasons to hate even if we're all Christians.
Most of the slaughter has occurred between people of the same race.

Racial prejudice isn't the root of the problem...it's the proclivity toward hatefulness.

And that is maintained via economic dis-incentives and disparity.

Once a person shakes the hate, generally due to education, the racist nature of it falls by the wayside.
And we get to address human's proclivity toward hate. Independent of race.
Good Chreeeeeeeeeestians will always find some reason to hate. Hatefullness and racism doesn't end until we put an end to religion and we do that through education. May have to string up a few higher church officials too, but WTF, small price to pay. Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(07-04-2020, 01:28 PM)stanky Wrote:  Most of the slaughter has occurred between people of the same race.

Even better, the most bitter hatred is displayed between the closest cultures - England & France fought each other for centuries, despite sharing half a language and a common history for 2000 years.

China & Russia share a border that has been disputed, but haven't ever had a decent war, yet Russia joined China to fight Japan, a country virtually indistinguishable from China.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Our need to express hate is so strong, that, if there's nothing obvious available, we can hate those on the wrong football team cheerleading squad.

That's why i think racism might be the wrong avenue.
For one thing, most "African-Americans" have a huge "taint" of whiteness.
Generally, because of white rapist activity.

My new take on it, is that hatefulness is the problem. Racism is a convenient place to express hate.
Yet, if there was only one race, we'd figure out how to sub-divide it.
Express our hate.

Why?

That's worth addressing.
(07-04-2020, 07:40 PM)stanky Wrote:  Why?

That's worth addressing.

Easy - it's the human expression of ownership as demonstrated by animals.

Lions will kill cubs that aren't theirs, and I watched a documentary only an hour ago about the Amur River, which included a piece about shore-nesting birds that will kill even the smallest chick that wanders into a nesting pair's territory, despite the chick being no possible threat.

Take a look at Africa - various tribes that are physically indistinguishable commit genocide upon each other all the time.

And who's the number one killer of kids? Their parents, or someone else who lives in the same house.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
The genetic nonsense of mammals.

Just because we're wildly successful doesn't make us mammals perfect.

We need to work on this.
(07-04-2020, 08:39 PM)sparks Wrote:  The genetic nonsense of mammals.

Just because we're wildly successful doesn't make us mammals perfect.  

We need to work on this.

It's not just mammals - birds, reptiles & fish can be as well.

Work on it is right, but we seem unable to overcome any hard-wired systems, so I don't like our chances.
Yep. Shit that has served well for so long is hard to get around. Too bad none of it works well our advancing technology.
I've been reading the book "Who is black?"
It's a scholarly work, compiling the history of America's struggle with race.
As soon a slavery began here, the races began to mix it up.
States began to struggle with definitions of race.
Many so called blacks were 80% white, and could pass as white.

Generally, the "one drop" rule was adopted.
This created some awkward scenarios. The poor mulattoes were often ostracized from black and white culture, and in some places, began their own communities...and, in fact, often had slaves.

These days, their are very few pure Africans in the U.S.
Yet, the insane definition continues.
Biologically, race is meaningless, yet it remains a focal point.

I just heard that Biden is likely to choose Kamala Harris as v.p. because he needs a woman of color.
Wtf? She's black? The innate racism is obvious in these matters. She has the "taint' of black, so she's black.
Even though she clearly isn't.

What gives with this nonsense?
Just don't tell white folk they're all descended from black people in Africa.