Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum down!
(05-13-2021, 11:00 AM)stanky Wrote:  Sociopathy and corruption comes in whatever flavor you like.
Even the kindly Bhuddists. Check out Rashneesh, for instance.

Only need to have been alive for the past couple of years to figure out how non-violent and loving Buddhists are. The death toll in Myanmar is upwards of 100,000 Rohingya and the number of rapes beggars belief.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Yeah, it seems to be a human condition.
Meanwhile, I'm a fairly non-violent and loving person. Non-affiliated.

Still baffled by the lurker phenom here...if that's even what it is.
How does a thread titled "Forum Down" garner nearly 18,000 views?

In my quest to comprehend this, I've even started threads with seductive titles, on purpose....that went dead almost immediately.
I know you've tried to explain this to me in the past, but I forget what you said.

What would happen, for instance, if i started a thread titled "Breaking News! President Trump commits suicide!"?

No worries. I won't do that.
Back at jref, I started a thread simply called "Sex". it became absurdly popular.
(Not sure if you were around for that.)

The irony of it was that (as I stated in the o.p.) that I wanted to test a theory that sex sells.
I exposed it from the start as a spoof. Man, did it take off.
Eventually had to be killed-off by high command.
Off-shoot threads even happened. Those too had to be stopped.

That was some thick irony.

I really don't understand shit.
(on a golf course in New Jersey; whatever.)
I reckon they tune in to have a laugh at us old farts fixing all that ails the human race with our philosopharts and general gibber. But who cares? I enjoy writing the crap, you too or you wouldn't still be here, so "let meeee entertain yooou"

Ever wonder how many would 'read' us if we were charging them for it?? [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Probably about none?
My problem is that I find it hard to believe the numbers that we see. The views. It makes no sense.
Something else is afoot.

Sure, my ego, on a bad day, assumes that I have a huge fan club. That explains it.
On a good day, I'm sure that isn't the case.

Maybe it's you, Di?
You started a thread here that garnered more than a million views.

There's something fishy going on.
Which thread??  The old Aust v NZ thread was Shiner's not mine.

I don't think they'd be fans of mine, according to "consensus" I'm just a foreign idiot who enjoyed the hell out of the Trump years and am wrong on every count about absolutely everything.
...geeeze, I still miss PT.  The circus has never been the same since.  siiiiiiiigh.

I think it might be old Quarky fans, the poor castaways from JREF who missed him when he was exiled.
Some would be waiting eagerly for Sparky to say "just the facts Ma'am, nothing but the facts" or for TA to get fired up and do his thing, or follow Pres' musical choices, or Graymans jokes, and quotes and pearls of wisdom, (I'd lurk for that)

Just because we wear keyboards and eyeballs out doesn't mean we're the star acts, it just means we may be the only touch typists with spare time around.

A forum is like a village, it needs all it's residents to exist.  It's the sum of the fights and the laughs and the calling out of opinions. Can't do that on your own on a blogsite,  it needs a cast of characters.    And we're all pretty odd characters in our way. Blush
Any chance of having a section for science on the new leaner Recogitaire?
Village idiots have gone global.
Sure mate, I'll add one back in right now
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I see the forums (server) has had a relapse. This isn't going to be terminal is it?
When was that? I see your post was 4 hours ago, and I was asleep.

I'll follow up, because we should be fine. Maybe a power cut? The server does go through Christchurch, so maybe it got wet.
That's twice in the last few days. Went down Saty night for a few hours too. The message was storage issue again but mentioned "unread PMs" ... that sounds like a dog ate my homework excuse.

Both at night here, didn't think about you already being asleep, just presumed you knew about the crashes.

Both forums as usual, I haven't deleted much yet, it's almost all just text, we don't embed videos now, just links.
But the bit about PMs wouldn't apply anyway, we rarely use that, we email each other with private stuff.