Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum down!
Shit, I turn my back for a couple of hours and the server shits itself.

It's about having too much storage, so I need to delete a shitload of stuff.

Except I can't fucking log in my Admin account!

In the meantime, please post no pics, videos, etc.

Thanks!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
TAs on the case. Thanks buddy. Will comply. (Although it will hurt me not to post pics of hot redheaded women here...)
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Won't be long - if the worst comes to the worst, I'll just take it down and start it up again.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Onto it, TA .. Maybe if we just do as Stanky does and post links to Youtube etc instead of embedding them (if that's even the right term?) it would save space??

Not much point in deleting a lot of posts is it? Is it just the piccies that's clogging up the allocation?

The Old Farts forum went down today too and it's got only a small fraction of the stuff on this one. Should we tidy that up a bit too though?
(05-29-2020, 03:45 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Onto it, TA .. Maybe if we just do as Stanky does and post links to Youtube etc instead of embedding them (if that's even the right term?)   it would save space??

Not much point in deleting a lot of posts is it?  Is it just the piccies that's clogging up the allocation?

The Old Farts forum went down today too and it's got only a small fraction of the stuff on this one.  Should we tidy that up a bit too though?

Yeah, if you can, please. It is just the pics & videos. Writing takes up no space - a picture takes up a few million words!

The number of videos is the problem here, so I'll just prune them when I can get access.

I have no fucking idea why it's not working so I'm trying to get some expert help.

Keep watching!
I will do my part.

Links with a description. No video or photo.
"when you think you've lost everything... you find out you can always lose a little bit more." - President Bush
Still able to edit our own posts.  I've been through a few posts from years ago and replaced the embedded videos with just the links and   the easy az.  Going to take some time to do that Rock n Roll thread fellas.  heh heh heh

Quicker to just delete the whole post but that seems a shame in some cases if there's comments about it. 

I've made 18,000 posts on this forum so how long do you have for me find all the videos??  Confused

I'll issue the news on Old Farts tomorrow, it's 3:30am,  might catch some sleep first.
(05-29-2020, 10:31 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Still able to edit our own posts.  I've been through a few posts from years ago and replaced the embedded videos with just the links and   the easy az.  Going to take some time to do that Rock n Roll thread fellas.  heh heh heh

Quicker to just delete the whole post but that seems a shame in some cases if there's comments about it. 

I've made 18,000 posts on this forum so how long do you have for me find all the videos??  Confused

I'll issue the news on Old Farts tomorrow, it's 3:30am,  might catch some sleep first.

Yeah, the rock & roll thread will just have to go.

No urgency.
Just thinking about it again at Di's suggestion - let's have a go at changing the embedded YTs to links only and see if it makes a difference. If it does, then we can keep the continuity.

Those with high numbers of YT, see if you can spend half an hour swapping some to links and I'll see if it makes a difference.
I've 'adjusted' the entire Funny Videos thread on Old Farts,  took me 2 hours!! (with a ciggy break) but managed to streamline the process a bit ... Hit Edit, then Quick Edit and knock off the bracketed [video Youtube..or whatever]] bit at the front and the [/video] at the end it just leaves the link there.  Update(save changes) the edit and "Bob'sya!"   A brief description to title the link would be polite but adds a few seconds to each edit.  

but I have admin "powers" bwaaahaha, on Old Farts,  and could fix everyone's contributions, we're going to have to do at least some of our own here.  I don't think TA's got the time or patience nor should he have, to edit the entire forum!    

Pres is gonna busy, Confused Cool  but then Stanky won't have to do a damned thing.  Sometimes it pays to be "computer illiterate" eh Stanky darlin'???