Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sparks...
Enjoying the show?
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I would be except for the fact that I don't recall ever seeing people so polarized before. Not here necessarily, but over at the other place we frequent it's positively ugly. Two or three of them simply can't be reasoned with. Really fuckin' ugly.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
I'm not privy to that which you speak of.

Am i allowed to be filled-in?

(I'm pretty much universally banned, except for here.)
Well, I was referring to some of the peeps over at skepticalcommunity.com. Of late, they're heavy into name calling and absolutely refuse any sort of evidence contrary to their conservative belief structure by claiming it's all fake news (and who knows, maybe it is, but that doesn't make them right, so to speak, about any fucking thing).

Their minds are made up and they just don't want to hear anything that might cause them to have to re-examine their position(s).

Fuck.

TA has been doing an outstanding job showing these fuckwits just how wrong they are, but I fear his herculean efforts are wasted.

Again, I don't recall ever seeing peeps so unwilling to entertain the notion that they might be wrong about something. It is amazing.

Not going to name any names, but if you (stank) drop by for a visit, I'm sure you'll recognize instantly the 2 or 3 that I'm referring to.

It can be a fun place. Just stay out of the 'Politics' section!!! Smile That's where most of the bad voodoo is happening.
Is that the place with Dr. X?

If so, that's an asshole i don't have time for.

(I'm banned elsewhere. I don't represent the accepted definition of "critical thinker".)

may have been too critical. Or, too 'thinky'.

Or, possibly, i'm a bit of an asshole.
(04-16-2020, 05:56 AM)sparks Wrote:  I would be except for the fact that I don't recall ever seeing people so polarized before.  Not here necessarily, but over at the other place we frequent it's positively ugly.  Two or three of them simply can't be reasoned with. Really fuckin' ugly.

Haha! Just wait until you see my reply to that fucking loser Wildcat this morning.

I don't have any expectations of changing minds, but I do enjoy a good flame war and it's so easy there. The calibre of opposition is a bit weak for my liking, but I'll take what I can get.

(04-16-2020, 10:58 AM)stanky Wrote:  Is that the place with Dr. X?

That the place!

He is a total loser and I've given him such a whupping he seems to be scared to respond to me directly in case I give him another. Best of all, he pretends to be an intellectual, but is no such thing. He's a little short cunt with a bad case of short-man syndrome, and at 6' 3", I looove taking the piss out of short cunts.

The guys at SC are fucking hilarious in their ignorance and stupidity.

Very easy targets.

The sad part is, a couple of them are good sorts who would go well here. Rob Lister's a very nice bloke and at least a couple of them can think.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Yea, Listy, Anax, Bruce, Witness, Pyrrho.

But Jeebus, corplinx, Wildcat, even AA all have a huge butthurt over this pandemic thingy that is completely out of proportion with what's actually happening. And the way they blindly defend that fucker Mango.

My Gawd!
(04-16-2020, 04:53 PM)sparks Wrote:  Yea, Listy, Anax, Bruce, Witness, Pyrrho.

But Jeebus, corplinx, Wildcat, even AA all have a huge butthurt over this pandemic thingy that is completely out of proportion with what's actually happening.  And the way they blindly defend that fucker Mango.

My Gawd!

Anax posts at ISF under a different name, and yes, he's a very sensible bloke.

My guess is the deniers are all losing money. They'd be just the types to cry about the economy then cry much harder if they ended up with the disease. Some people are just dicks.
Any chance of recruiting a few decent folk from their?
We could use some new blood.
We're all getting too familiar.

Dr. X ran me out of that site. Not because he crushed my intellect. It was more about the cult-like following he had. He seemed like an ass-hat to me. I find myself to be a more talented ass-hat, so i split.
Fuck, that was many years ago. I'm amazed he's still active.

Honestly, I can't recall the name i used there. I don't even think i was banned.

I would like to see what you and sparkington are up to there...but not enough to visit.

I find it odd that a community of skeptics would be defending right wing politics.
Or left wing, for that matter.
(04-17-2020, 06:49 AM)stanky Wrote:  Any chance of recruiting a few decent folk from their?

Can't see it happening.

(04-17-2020, 06:49 AM)stanky Wrote:  Dr. X ran me out of that site. Not because he crushed my intellect. It was more about the cult-like following he had. He seemed like an ass-hat to me. I find myself to be a more talented ass-hat, so i split.
Fuck, that was many years ago. I'm amazed he's still active.

It's probably the only place on the internet he's allowed to go.

(04-17-2020, 06:49 AM)stanky Wrote:  I find it odd that a community of skeptics would be defending right wing politics.
Or left wing, for that matter.

The word "skeptic" is ill-defined and probably worthless. I've never described myself as one. There isn't an admission criterion of any kind.