Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm shocked
Who would have thought allowing prisons to deteriorate into complete disrepair would have a detrimental effect on both prisoners and custodians?

https://www.propublica.org/article/lawmakers-refused-to-increase-an-infamous-prisons-funding-then-chaos-erupted
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I'm probably less shocked than you. Louisiana has some persrisons that are essentially slave camps.

In the link, did you see any estimates on the % of black prisoners? Black custodians?
Of course, to suggest that their is institutional racism in the U.S. is offensive to a certain cross section of whites....mainly the ones that never see it...because they never go there.

I was surprised today, in the opposite direction while listening to NPR news on my car radio. The acknowledged Bernie Sanders in a way i hadn't heard before. Still no mention of Yang, of course....even though he's on a roll.

I also heard some of Trump's rally in Ohio. It was just plain dangerous nonsense....with adoring throngs; loving all of his sophomoric insults and exaggerated boasts.
(01-10-2020, 12:47 PM)stanky Wrote:  I also heard some of Trump's rally in Ohio. It was just plain dangerous nonsense....with adoring throngs; loving all of his sophomoric insults and exaggerated boasts.

He reminds me of the guy at the start of The Wild Bunch who had been in an ambush of the "bad guys".

There were half a dozen of them dead on the street, and he shot all of them, despite there being several dozen shooting.

Trump's latest insanity is deserving a peace price for Ethiopia. And I bet he couldn't point to it on a map.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
It is stunning that this guy is the voice of a nation.
I can't fathom what it takes to be enamored with him.

Is he country music? Is he death metal? punk?
I don't get it, obviously.
I don't get the music in it. Or the comedy.

or even the fashion statement.
The POTUS is a piece of walking excrement.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Mild.

It's reached the stage where words aren't capable of describing him any longer.

And just think - you probably have five more years of it to go.

I repeat:

[Image: tavatar.png]
Indeed. FSM help us.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(01-10-2020, 07:58 PM)stanky Wrote:  It is stunning that this guy is the voice of a nation.
I can't fathom what it takes to be enamored with him.

Ok, I'll put my logical thinking hat on for a second.

Trump is the result of improvements in medical science.

If humans hadn't managed to expand our life spans by staggering amounts, all would be well with the world. So few people got old enough to become cynical that old votes never mattered. The turnover of humankind was such that families needed to be bigger, giving the west a much more third-world demographic than right now.

Here's a good chart showing the increase in median ages: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Median-age-by-country-1950-2050_tbl2_276307941

Great and the climate protests are a perfect example of the problem - young people aren't stupid; it's their future and they can see it being destroyed, so they protest.

But they're drowned out by the vast swathes of stupid old [white] cunts who own everything and accordingly own the political process.

Richard Dawkins showed that selfishness is required for evolution, and there's nothing more selfish than old cunts. They're so selfish they go to building all over the world and demand that some invisible thing gives them even more life than the privileged one they've already had!

Instead of reaching age 60 and thinking about how almost all your mates are dead, you're sitting around and plotting how to retain the spoils of your selfishness. More overseas travel; bigger and more-powerful SUVs; cheaper petrol; and most of all, keeping the money flowing in. Nobody retires any more - they either can't afford to, or can't give up the money it brings.

More, more, more, fucking more!

Until the planet runs out.

Yet again, a quote from my t-shirt I bought 40 years ago at what's generally described as NZ's Woodstock: Nambassa. The awakening of the nation, it was.

When the last tree falls, and the last fish is pulled from the water, they will realise they cannot eat money.

And Trump is the perfect embodiment of all of the things those selfish old cunts want.
amen, bro.