Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. election dumping ground
thought it would be good to have a separate repository for thoughts on the U.S. election. 

This thread has a vomit bucket in the corner, and a smoking lounge with a liquor cabinet. Cuban cigars and Willie's weed.
There's a book shelf in the lounge. It's full of books that don't need reading...and that's soothing. Nice sound system, of course. Record collection to die for, etc.  
We have a masseuse. And a trainer. And a doctor. And a snack bar that will make you blush.

You're probably thinking that Mayor Bloomberg is behind this expenditure. How cynical. He hasn't officially entered the race.
Anyway, how much can you buy with 52 bil?

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of a gun fight for the prize, between two old white male billionaires.
Bloomberg is by far the more legit. He's held office. He's run businesses successfully. His billionaire dick is way huger than Trump's.
I wonder...

If Bloomberg had any balls, wouldn't he simply pump a few billion into a young and charismatic candidate? Maybe a gay? Maybe a chick? Maybe a Latino?
Or an Asian, even.

Is the goal to restore order? Or, is it to take command?

Bill Gates recently came out as willing to cough-up 20 billion in taxes.
Sweet.

But no more than 20 bil.
That's where we draw the line.

Imagine if the government had scored the money that Bezo's ex scored.

Extraordinary wealth is a feature of extraordinary economic systems...and shouldn't be confused with value.

A few big religions warned us about the pitfalls of usury.
(11-10-2019, 02:17 PM)stanky Wrote:  thought it would be good to have a separate repository for thoughts on the U.S. election. 

We fucked.

Where's the espresso machine in this joint?

...wanders off to peruse the smooth jazz section of the album collection...
"Who's with me?." - stanky
(11-10-2019, 06:55 PM)stanky Wrote:  I wonder...

If Bloomberg had any balls, wouldn't he simply pump a few billion into a young and charismatic candidate?

Like Trump, he wants the limelight.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
That's part of the problem really, the acts we see aren't the ones running the show except when the clowns get big heads and want to buy the role of star performer.

That's when we all get to see that the 'Greatest' Show on Earth really is just a circus.

There's a saying "The people always elect the Party they deserve" .. works down here.
(11-10-2019, 08:59 PM)grayman Wrote:  
(11-10-2019, 02:17 PM)stanky Wrote:  thought it would be good to have a separate repository for thoughts on the U.S. election. 

We fucked.

Where's the espresso machine in this joint?

...wanders off to peruse the smooth jazz section of the album collection...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WFJxaW9rE8

Fuck me. One of the few things in this life that make this unending bullshit endurable.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
Nice, sparky.
"Who's with me?." - stanky
Yes, there's espresso and smooth jazz in this joint.
Speaking of joint, excuse me for a moment...

cough, cough, where was I?

It has to be tough to remain 'genuine' if you're running for President.
Trump's victory over Hillary (even though he lost by 3 million votes) was because voters saw him as genuine...and Hillary, not so much.
To his credit, Trump is genuine. He's a genuine scam artist; liar; narcissist, generally hateful prick and idiot.
Bizarre as it is to me, lots of people find that refreshing.
We feel like we know him. We know he will molest our daughters and sell us snake oil. There's a good chance, if you work for him,you won't get paid.

There's a few candidates that I feel are the most genuine:
Tulsi Gabbard; Julian Castro; Bernie Sanders, and Andrew Yang.

There's almost no chance that they will be permitted to win. The MSM is doing it's best to ignore Bernie, even in the polling data; same like last time. The others are mere curiosities, with Tulsi being most actively trashed in the media.

Pro-peace is a non-starter in U.S. politics. Left or right.
We can't afford any of the normal reforms of other nations, and we can't question the pentagon budget.
We maintain almost 1000 military bases, all over the world.

(To keep the peace.)

Voters have no say in this. It must be.
Haha! Now Deval Patrick is about to enter the race as well.

Determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Four more years!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Not to sound optimistic (I detest Trump), but I sense a growing fatigue with this administration, from 'on high'.
Trump is so unhinged, that power itself is beginning to distance itself from him.
The dilemma now is how to do it while saving face.

Scaramuchi thinks he'll resign by March.
But he needs an avenue that makes him look good.

Wants to spend more time with his family won't work.
A health scare would make him look weak.
A scenario must be invented that makes his 'retirement' look heroic.

I strongly suspect that our power structure is sick of him.
They want a new puppet that doesn't seem retarded.
The illusion of dignity must be restored.