Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attack of the Killer Robots
https://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahatopol/how-to-save-mankind-from-the-new-breed-of-killer-robots
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
Ain't tech just grand?Sad
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
I wonder what the one gram charge would be? And how people would get it?
(11-06-2019, 08:34 AM)sparks Wrote:  Ain't tech just grand?Sad

Actually, it's a good thing - see below.

(11-06-2019, 09:35 AM)stanky Wrote:  I wonder what the one gram  charge would be? And how people would get it?

Alibaba.

We should be happy abut this technology.

I said a while back that the nuclear weapons age is almost done, and it's  good thing. The attack on Saudi oil showed that no mater how big or fancy your weapons, they're useless against a teenager with a drone.

This tech will balance the scales back towards small groups and aid the breakup of militaries. Anarchy, here we come!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I like it.

small is beautiful.
The population is too dense for anarchy, back to the feudal warlords, but armies on a smaller scale is good i suppose.

Mad Max era coming up.
There's been so many post-apocalyptic movies and tv shows that we are almost programmed for it. We know how to dress for it.
I think we're obligated to go for it.

(sigh. Mary won't let me mount my fake pvc rocket launcher on the roof of her car.)

I admire the creative vehicles they have, post-apocalypse.
Fuck the inspection stickers and the emission controls and the traffic laws. Post-apocalypse, the cops can suck my dick.
There's some appeal in all that.
In the dystopian future, you can get away with some really funky fashion statements. The filthier, the better.
No more prom-queen sensibilities.

I don't want to hurt anyone, but how cool would it be to bomb around in the desert with your mates, in a radically inappropriate vehicle; dressed to the nines in rotting clothing and smeared with blood and swamp greens?

fuck.

I can totally see that.
Me too. Mad Max movies appeal to my primitive instincts I think. I'm suspecting that I'm not as far evolved for civilization as some although I'm totally dependent on it. Sucks a bit.
(11-06-2019, 05:28 PM)stanky Wrote:  (sigh. Mary won't let me mount my fake pvc rocket launcher on the roof of her car.)

You'd go well around here - we have one of those in the garage that fits on the Holden.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I have a potato canon.