Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess the year!
I could weep that these two stories appear in the same year of the twenty-first fucking century:

https://phys.org/news/2019-10-halfway-lhc.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50258727 *

*That guy can consider himself lucky they don't cane people in Indonesia like they do in Malaysia.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
C'mon TA,  get with the 'woke' ... that's diversity in action.  right???  Big Grin
It is a stunning contrast.

I could argue that it stems from a "have and have not' political-economic system.

Much as i admire the work at CERN, it could be said that the trickle down from those bold efforts are slow to manifest.

I shouldn't risk sounding anti-science; especially because I'm not...

My take on this stuff is "First things first".

Makes me a bit of an SJW cunt, i suppose.

I've been waiting for the fusion reactor since I was five. It is still "just around the corner".

Maybe it is.

But should we be trying to colonize Mars within the construct that has a billion people basically starving?
What's a Mussie getting flogged for not practicing what he preaches got to do with the "have and have not" mantra?

I took it as a comparison of new and old thinking ... but I'm usually wrong so I must have missed something.
(11-01-2019, 03:31 PM)stanky Wrote:  I've been waiting for the fusion reactor since I was five. It is still "just around the corner".

Unlimited free energy isn't going to stop crazy cunts using religion as a means of control.

The religion of peace.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
At the risk of re-igniting a hopeless argument, I would suggest (again) that religion isn't the problem.
It's merely the opiate offered to maintain control.

Trump is a perfect example.
Does anyone believe that he is a man of religious convictions?
(11-01-2019, 04:20 PM)stanky Wrote:  At the risk of re-igniting a hopeless argument, I would suggest (again) that religion isn't the problem.
It's merely the opiate offered to maintain control.

Argument?

That's exactly what I said:

(11-01-2019, 04:06 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  ...crazy cunts using religion as a means of control.
Good to know. We're in basic agreement.
Different centuries occurring simultaneously is exactly what can be so mind blowing about life in the less developed world. Though flogging is always a drag.
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
How's the coincidence? I've just watched a doco made about 10 years ago but that I hadn't seen before.

"Guess the year" that the last aborigine group, living with absolutely no knowledge that white people existed, or that there were any other people in the world but those distant, but related, groups in the surrounding desert?

What year do you think they made it to, totally untouched by anything that hadn't formed their world for at least the last 40,000 years?

Have a guess.

I'll get back to the doco later. It was an eye opening insight into how the mistakes were made and why.

I'll see if it's available on Youtube or something, it would be of interest to anyone who would appreciate a view into the distant past of humankind through the eyes and voice of those last representatives. (You'll like them, they have a wicked sense of humour)

edit: Found it. https://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/contact/
let me know if the "watch now" works no idea if it's 'global'..