Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rob Gronkowski claims he 'fixed' his CTE
Rob Gronkowski, who said he had 20 concussions, claims he 'fixed' his CTE

Quote:Is CTE ‘fixable’?

As the leading expert in concussions and CTE said twice, no. Concussions are fixable in the short-term in that typically after time the immediate symptoms, such as light sensitivity, go away. But CTE is caused by repetitive head trauma and over time it results in memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, suicidality, parkinsonism, and eventually progressive dementia. As well as former NFL and college players, it has been found in athletes who last played in high school and in the brains of war veterans.
"Just be patient, have a rum shot and a smoke and maybe a toke and enjoy the company." - sparks
Wishful thinking won't win.

I can't say I blame him - knowing your brain is going to turn to mush is a heap of bad karma.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Should have made better career choices.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(09-14-2019, 01:14 PM)sparks Wrote:  Should have made better career choices.

I'm not sure that's a fair criticism of guys who have medical trouble from sport.

I don't know how smart the guy is, but going by Kiwi & Oz ball players, it's by far the best career they would ever have, and if they weren't playing rugby or league, they'd be in a gang, on the dole, or working in a minimum rate job.

Maybe the point is we pay sports players far too much money?
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(09-14-2019, 04:39 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  
(09-14-2019, 01:14 PM)sparks Wrote:  Should have made better career choices.

I'm not sure that's a fair criticism of guys who have medical trouble from sport.

I don't know how smart the guy is, but going by Kiwi & Oz ball players, it's by far the best career they would ever have, and if they weren't playing rugby or league, they'd be in a gang, on the dole, or working in a minimum rate job.

Maybe the point is we pay sports players far too much money?

2nd that.  Even the ones that avoid jail for drug running and extortion would get their heads bashed in pub brawls.