Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that make me smile
Driving through roadworks or school zones at the speed limit while queues of angry people build up behind me.

Stopping at yellow lights when someone is 3 mm from my rear bumper.

Leaving long gaps in front of me during peak hour traffic on the motorway, then watching people duck into the space only to get back out when they figure it's not helping.

Watching people who would rather die than have dirty shoes walking on the road instead of on the wet grass right beside them.

There are lots more, but they're fresh having just returned from a drive and getting to see 1, 2 & 4.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Seeing the guy that was riding your bumper as you do the speed limit, passing you at a high rate of speed, only to be pulled over by the police around the next corner.

Watching a car run around the crossing gates of an oncoming train, and seeing the police car that was waiting on the other side turn on their lights and chase after him (witnessed that one from the locomotive one night).

Enjoying the sight of three cars illegally using the emergency/breakdown lane on the side of the road during rush hour traffic almost hit the police car stopped over the crest of a hill on the shoulder of the road.
"Who's with me?." - stanky
(09-14-2019, 04:14 AM)grayman Wrote:  Seeing the guy that was riding your bumper as you do the speed limit, passing you at a high rate of speed, only to be pulled over by the police around the next corner.

Watching a car run around the crossing gates of an oncoming train, and seeing the police car that was waiting on the other side turn on their lights and chase after him (witnessed that one from the locomotive one night).

Enjoying the sight of three cars illegally using the emergency/breakdown lane on the side of the road during rush hour traffic almost hit the police car stopped over the crest of a hill on the shoulder of the road.

Nice. I've seen #1 on the odd occasion, but had an excellent case of #3 just last week.

Truly gratifying. Some clown in a lowered flat deck screaming along the breakdown lane, followed about 10 seconds later by the cops, who nailed him at the next off-ramp, where he got trapped.

I hope to see that #2 soon. Pity we have so few trains.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
[Image: 6755d7c6bd06e9f9.jpg]
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
You win.
"Who's with me?." - stanky
Not quite what I expected, but yep.
Outstanding gesture!

Made me smile.CoolSmile

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49708570
Yeah, I see that made the news everywhere.

Smart fella - I bet he gets a great job out of it all.
In an ad agency perhaps?